This job is currently Archived,
Head of Manufacturing - Switzerland
Posted on : 19 June 2017
- The Head of Manufacturing is responsible for leading the manufacturing operations at our company’s new biologic manufacturing site in Switzerland.
- The role includes managing of personnel and activities related to Cell Culture, Purification, Media and buffer preparation as well as Dispensary.
- The Head of Manufacturing will build and hire the manufacturing organization and be part of the Site Leadership Team.
- The Head of Manufacturing is responsible for directing all strategic, tactical and operational aspects of the group in order to support the bulk drug substance supply chain manufacturing schedule for manufacturing operations.
- The Head of Manufacturing ensures close collaboration with a multitude of other functional areas including, but not limited to, Global Engineering & Facilities, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing Sciences and Tech Development in order to ensure initiatives and projects meet the business objectives.
- The Head of Manufacturing is responsible for managing the department budget, which includes developing, implementation, and tracking of department expenditures. Collaborates closely with other manufacturing sites in order to develop and implement systematic approach to continuous improvement.
- Ensures the harmonization of practices across manufacturing groups or functions. Provides global guidance in standards and practices.
- The Head of Manufacturing is responsible to provide sound leadership and guidance and must ensure that employee development and continuous learning are priorities for the organization
The preferred candidate holds a University degree, preferable Ph. D in a field of Science and has 15 years relevant experience within pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing environment
- Experience with Site Operations is required
- Strategic decision maker with demonstrated ability to work autonomously and to lead project teams in a matrix organization.
- Dual Language preferred with a preferences for German and English.
- Prior experience with facility construction and start-up strongly preferred.
- Able to influence without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives and bring teams to consensus.
- Able to lead change and manage resistance to change.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Have a strong understanding of the finance/budgeting processes.
- Must be customer focused and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to lead by example and develop teams that are continuously learning and growing
- Able to develop a culture of continuous improvement across the site.
University degree, preferable Ph. D in a field of Science
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Engineer, Scientific, Supply, Science, Engineering, Operations