Head of Legal & Compliance, Business Area Europe East - Poland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse Business Area Europe East, we are now hiring a Head of Legal & Compliance, EUE to safeguard our strong commitment to compliance and business ethics and oversee legal activities.
About the department
- Business Area Europe East is a diversified and energetic area consisting of 17 countries.
- The Legal & Compliance function is responsible for all legal affairs in Europe East as well as development and maintenance of high Business Ethics standards and facilitation of effective implementation of Business Ethics compliance policies and procedures.
- Your main task as Head of Legal & Compliance will be to drive the legal and compliance mind-set in the BA and ensure that we comply with laws and regulations and never compromise on business ethics.
- You will be exposed broadly within the business area and are expected to have a keen sense of business dynamics and to contribute with advice on various legal & compliance matters.
- You will be responsible for driving strategic Business Area wide initiatives on business ethics and compliance, for setting the direction for and developing a functional strategy for Legal & Compliance as well as serving as a Center of Excellence.
- You will be overall responsible for driving the performance and development of the lawyers and compliance people in the BA.
- You will also be responsible for identifying and managing Business Ethics and Compliance risks (incl. internal and external investigations).
- As the Head of Legal & Compliance you will be part of the Strategic Operations department and be secretary for the BA management team.
- You will also represent the BA in the European Legal and Compliance Group.
- You have a Master’s or doctorate degree in Law.
- You have 10 years of legal experience and/or on the job experience in tier-one law firm or pharma industry.
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience in pharma, corporate and commercial law (including competition law and intellectual property law).
- You have a proven track record for successfully handling multiple complex cases and priorities simultaneously and you are experienced in analysing complex issues, utilizing strategic thinking and implementing tactical plans.
- In-depth experience with Business Ethics in pharmaceutical or medical device industry is an advantage.
- Professional experience working with several countries will be a plus.
- You have demonstrated strong people management skills for direct reports as well as in a matrix organisation with multiple hierarchal levels.
- You are business and service orientated with a robust personality.
- You are able to maintain strict confidentiality and master high professional and personal integrity.
- You possessed ability to process multiple tasks at the same time, with attention to detail. Professional fluency in English – written and spoken is required.
Working with Us:
- We create value by putting patients first.
- Every ten seconds two people are diagnosed with diabetes, and more than 415 million people worldwide need us.
- Working here is not just a way to make a living, but a way to make a difference.