This job is currently Archived,
Head of IS/IT Portfolio & Project Management and Management Office - United States
Posted on : 19 September 2017
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 230 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of IS/IT Portfolio & Project Management and Management Office in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Head of IS/IT Portfolio & Project Management and Management Office working on the R&D Information Services team, you will be empowered to lead the program management office maintaining a strong level of control on portfolio activity, ensuring that the portfolio information is delivered on time with the right level of quality, while driving a full understanding over complete program management and impact to the business, and a typical day will include:
- Leading the Application Portfolio: Manages a holistic and current inventory of applications employed in the support of R&D and additional business functions.
- Project/Program and Change Management: Manages and oversees a holistic and current inventory of projects and programs for the department, with routine monitoring, measurement, and reporting of performance to budget, schedule, and business objectives.
- Continuous Improvement: Influences current and emerging trends for supported functions, their potential application to the department’s opportunities and needs. Proactively drives opportunities to streamline, and improve effectiveness of operational processes. Effectively balance the unique needs of supported functions with the corporate objective to globalize and standardize technologies and processes.
- Leadership/Relationships: Develops and maintains effective working relationships with business and IS/IT leadership and staff, strategic vendors, service providers and other external collaborators.
- Strategic Planning
- Performance Measurement
- Sourcing and Strategic Planning for IS/IT Skill Portfolio
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors Degree is required. Graduate degree (preferably MBA) is desired.
- Consulting experience strongly desired.
- Qualified project and change management experience; advanced expertise with project management related software and tools
- Sufficient technical knowledge to determine how project data can be organized meaningfully in order to facilitate Senior Management and Executive decision processes.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate with and prepare presentations for Senior Management and Executives.
- Proven skills in negotiation, influencing without authority and working diplomatically through conflict.
- Proven people management experience with a relevant mix of hard and soft skills. Experience should include managing internal employees and external contractors in a variety of service models
- Domain knowledge of pharmaceutical R&DWHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.