Head of Human Resources - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
- The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies is one of the major companies in the consumer health and personal care industry in Europe.
- Our company has a wide brand portfolio including top brands.
- Our company has managed to build a high-performance, customer-focused organization which today is directly operating in 35 countries – mainly in Europe - serving a high potential market of prescription-free, consumer-oriented health products, with different legal status ranging from medicines, medical devices, cosmetics, food supplements and biocides.
- To strengthen our corporate team, we are currently recruiting for a Head of Human Resources –Germany The Head or Human Resources Manages the provision of human resources services, policies and programs for about 100 employees.
- The Head or Human Resources Leads a team of 2 staff responsible for the management of human resource functions specific to the area of responsibility that may include: training, employee relations or site specific.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide the local managers with advice on all HR aspects, participate in the definition of the human resources policy on an international level and locally take over as regards the HR policies that have been defined at group level.
- Ensure administrative operations relating to HR (payroll, social security, pension, declarations…) in compliance with the local legislation as well as with the administrative and management practices that have been defined by the company
- Provides supervision for staff including hiring, training, performance management, mentoring and development.
- Cooperation with the local works council. Negotiation and creating of bargaining collective agreements.
- Develops, plans and implements Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Provides advice and counsel to staff, managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy, and employment laws.
- Reviews all assigned discharge hearings, providing guidance on final decisions, and acts as First Step in employee appeals process.
- Directs area specific communication initiatives including exit interviews, round tables, shift meetings and operations meetings.
- Provides leadership training to department managers and supervisors and ensures leaders are provided training on all employee relations issues.
- Acts as Employee Relations Representative for area of responsibility.
Requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management, or other related field.
- 7 plus years of experience at a management level with emphasis specific to area of responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of multiple human resource practices with strong project management, change management and operational excellence focus.
- Knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of human resources management and problem solving.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to prepare written reports/correspondence and presentations .
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to recognize the broad, systemic implications of problems and issues with demonstrated experience managing a broad range of human resources objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements, knowledge of immigration laws and processes a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with technology tools to support the human resources function including excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite environment.