Head of Finance - Carl Zeiss X-Ray Microscopy, Pleasanton California - United States
Head of Finance - Carl Zeiss X-Ray Microscopy, Pleasanton California
Key responsibilities include controlling and compliance topics for the legal entity as well as comprehensive controlling for the Product Center X-ray microscopy:
• Be a key member of the senior management leadership team.
• Provide senior management with advice on the financial implications of business activities, be a challenger and proactive supporter to the business needs with regards to meaningful financial data appropriate to drive actions and improve performance.
• Routinely communicate business unit and product center financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications. Coordinate the capital spending review process for the company.
• Prepare presentations in support of monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company.
• Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company (US and Germany)
• Own and develop multiple cost center budgets, lead review meetings, and provide variance analysis to senior leadership.
• Develop analytics and ROI models for R&D spending, communicate them to the functions, and monitor progress against goals.
• Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
• Lead the development of new product standard costs & the annual revision of all standard costs
• Establish and maintain internal controls to support financial infrastructure
• Be interface to the financial auditors and ensure timely and monthly, HY, and FY closing
• Support the SAP master data creation process with costing and accounting views and establish SAP as basis for operations’, R&D and cost center controlling
• Track multiple cross business and sector driven engineering development projects
• Provide XRM operations management support, including supporting the continuous improvement, e.g. by thorough analysis of production and warranty costs
• Work with CZI (Thornwood) to insure on time AP/AR postings and compliance to the SLA terms
• Become a functional lead function for controlling and accounting processes for the MIC site in Peabody
Qualifications and Requirements:
• BS in Accounting or Finance required, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
• 5+ years in progressively responsible finance roles, preferably in multinational hi-tech industries
• Prior work experience in a controlling or accounting department of a manufacturing and product development site
• Preferably with some subsidiary environment knowledge or international
• Financial analysis and reporting experience
• SAP or other major ERP (including implementation or conversion experience)
• Budgeting and forecasting experience in a cost center environment
• PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment)
• Excel is necessary
• Makes the XRM, MIC, & ZEISS Team stronger.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to seek resources as required
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results- as well as detail-orientation
• Hands on attitude, willing and capable to work with a team
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.