Head of Field Force Excellence, EU+ - Switzerland
- The role requires an experienced leader that challenges, inspires and drives productive customer engagements and channel impact.
- The candidate will be responsible to drive impact and efficiency of company’s field forces that delivers high value to customers and in a positive way partners with, and challenges commercial, medical and market access leadership to excellence.
- This role will collaborate with other functions supporting company's field forces (functional excellence, training/learning, etc.) to provide leverage as appropriate, and otherwise, act as one voice.
- The role will be part of the EU+ Customer Excellence and Operations Leadership and lead the Regional FFE Team to drive the assessment of the Go-To Market Model (incl. Field Force structure and sizing) and the required capabilities and skills to execute customer engagement strategies.
- The role will also lead core processes to drive alignment across functions, and lead appropriate leverage/efficiencies across TAs and geographies.
Assessment and Strategy Development:
- Assessment of field force design, i.e. structure, sizing and territory assignment, contract field organizations (as applicable)
- Assessment of competencies/capabilities
- Identification and prioritization of key areas
- Alignment on segmentation & targeting
- Definition of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Planning & Execution:
- Leads oversight and participates in the execution of core planning and execution processes and supports their adoption such as:
- Supporting regional teams in integrating Customer Engagement Plans to optimize channel mix
- Field Training & On-boarding (in collaboration with best suited functions like Global Training, Medical, CIM, IT and Marketing) ensuring Field teams have required current and new capabilities to execute the strategic plans and priorities
- Cycle Planning (for Sales) in Veeva CRM
- Strategic Account Planning Process and Governance
- KOL Planning
- Free Text Governance
- Annual Diagnostics and Planning
- Coaching and performance management efforts to have the greatest overall impact on business results. Review coaching impact of field leadership.
- Incentive Compensation Design & Planning & Monitoring (for Commercial)
- Provides strategic guidance cross-functionally across field operations, regions, franchises, and IT on CRM program strategy (Veeva), analytics and applications to enhance field force productivity and effectiveness.
- Ensures the sharing and adoption of Best Demonstrated Practices as well as failures
- Conduct of own field visits to maintain close relationship with the business and understanding of field implementation and areas of improvement
- Leads Tracking of Execution Excellence:
- Leads together with Customer Information Management the development and sharing of KPI tracking reporting with highlighting regional best practices and areas of improvement
- Drives excellence in execution by positively challenging commercial, medical and market access leadership regarding Field Force productivity performance (Quant./Qual.)
- Generates Insights to marketing and commercial leadership on customer engagements and channel impact
- Inspires and leads the development of a high performing team by leveraging team member’s strengths and identifies areas of development.
- Develop both knowledge and skills to ensure that the teams have the capabilities needed to have a significant business impact.
- Oversee and enforce all teams to meet objectives in full compliance with national law, legislation and regulatory framework.
- Collaborates and aligns with the regional and global commercial functions to ensure alignment
- 10+ years of directly relatable Commercial Bio/Pharma experience
- Strong track record of inspiring leadership and leading teams
- Deep expertise in FFE at local and regional level, with proven success track record.
- Strong strategic/analytics skills
- Credible and confident communicator
- Proven strategic aptitude and ability
- Track record of delivering results
- Hands on approach and can do attitude
- Capable to prioritize and focus even in situations with high workload
- Experience to work in a matrix and collaborate with teams both cross functionally and cross geographies
- BA or Master’s degree
- Fluent in English, addtional languages preferred
- Leadership training's
- Our company is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases, hematologic conditions and autoimmune diseases.
- Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
- Founded in 1978, our company is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology company.
- Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options.
- These include programs for secondary progressive MS, Alzheimer’s Disease, spinal muscular atrophy, lupus and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), amongst others.
- With more than 7,500 people worldwide, our company is truly a global organization.
- Our international operations are based in Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark.
- We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Segment: Biotech, Biology, CRM, Scientific, Science, Technology, Research, Engineering