Head of Department of Pathology Services - Germany
Posted on : 22 March 2017
- We are seeking an outstanding candidate for a full-time position as the Head of the newly founded Department of Pathology Services.
- The Department of Pathology is embedded within the diagnostic departments of our company, and works within the internal and external organizations to ensure that strategies for the treatment and cure especially of tumor diseases are based on accurate analyses of pathogenic and genetic mechanisms.
- The Department collaborates with and provides pathology support to scientists in the genetic testing especially of somatic mutations, characterization, and preclinical development of novel therapeutic products.
- These include mostly diseases caused by malignant transformation.
- Pathologist support effort includes participation on teams devoted to the development of predictive and prognostic markers in many of these diseases.
- Candidates should have detailed knowledge of pathophysiology, especially in oncological indications
- He/she should be a MD
- A PhD degree in a related field, in addition to the MD degree, is desirable but not required
- We seek candidates who are experts especially in the diagnostic categories of somatic oncological entities in the context of a detailed and current understanding of molecular and cellular biology
- Candidates must have a valid medical license, and be ideally Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology or Anatomic and Clinical Pathology as well as a certification of added qualification in Cytopathology or Molecular Pathology
- Candidates must have training and five or more years of experience especially in Oncopathology, and have demonstrated leadership experience in a clinical/academic environment
- Candidates are expected to participate in teaching activities for house-staff and in conferences.
- The candidate should possess strong personal skills and be capable of providing leadership in the department.
- Sign-out responsibilities are shared with further members of the department.