Head of Communications (Europe) - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Head of Communications, Europe will report to the Head of International Communications based in Switzerland, and dotted line to the Regional Head for Europe.
- The Europe region comprises 28 countries and accounts for over a third of total International revenues.
- This role is responsible for all internal, external and portfolio communications in support of the Europe leadership team, with particular focus on serving as a business partner to the Regional Head, General Managers, third party commercial partners and Local Operating Company (LOC) franchise leads. This role serves as a member of the Europe Leadership Team.
- The purpose of this role is to represent, align and support the communications needs of these key Europe leaders to enable them to drive business performance and deliver against objectives. This includes building and upskilling a network of LOC communications partners across the region who can execute corporate and portfolio communications strategies/tactics locally.
- The role will provide grassroots insights and perspectives to inform the development of global communication strategies /programmes; and guide and coordinate regional and local planning and implementation of centrally-driven corporate, disease area and product-led initiatives internally and externally.
- This will include communications direction and oversight on regional and local corporate and franchise/ brand-related issues.
- The role requires strong collaboration with International and regional Public Affairs and Patient Advocacy leads, as well as local External Affairs leads to support LOCs to implement comprehensive and integrated international advocacy and communications plans that enhance company’s reputation.
- On franchise and brand-related programmes, the role will partner closely with the Global Franchise Communications Leads.
- This role would also be required to work on some International assignments and/ or deputies for the Head of International Communications, as required, on International projects.
- Partner with Europe leadership team to provide internal and external corporate communication guidance, direct annual local planning and enhance capabilities to build reputation and drive performance. Support them on ad hoc specific business and regional critical projects, such as geographic expansion, M&A etc
- Partner with Global Franchise Communication leads to guide and coordinate local adaptation and implementation of global franchise, disease area and product-led initiatives internally and externally, including product launches. Prioritization of key disease area, launch and growth brands will be key.
- Guide and support the LOC franchise and brand leads to devise and execute annual local PR plans for the franchise portfolios to help build, protect and enhance company's reputation as a leader in key therapeutic categories. Again, prioritization of key disease area, launch and growth brands will be key.
- Drive alignment between/with LOCs to drive quality and innovation, ensure consistent strategic and tactical implementation, share best practices and identify efficiencies.
- Develop and implement a streamlined process for communicating internally on a regular basis to key stakeholders on key corporate and brand engagement opportunities, to provide important context and guidance on new business developments and on the progress being made against plans.
- Drive execution of global internal communications initiatives in addition to advising/ supporting region/local GMs with their local employee engagement.
- Provide additional guidance to new and retained public relations agencies on relevant corporate, franchise and brand-related initiatives and issues.
- Intervene when projects are not completed with a high level of quality and in accordance with company requirements.
- Build a network of communications contacts in country. This will include scoping of responsibilities, relationship building and up killing.
- Serve as communications advisor/ spokesperson on Europe/country issues impacting the company, key brands and assigned disease areas in the LOCs
- Ten-plus years’ communications experience. Pharmaceutical brand communications experience vital
- Experience working with PR agencies
- Issues management experience important
- International coordination experience required
- Corporate global experience desired
- Expert knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical legal-regulatory environment important
- Media Relations experience important
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or English. Scientific education (Biology or Chemistry) a plus