- Are you looking for a job in which you can leverage your strong leadership, thorough pharmaceutical business acumen and ability to drive a strategic agenda?
- Then you might be our new head of Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control , Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (CMC API) Business Support driving business cases and strategic agendas for CMC API Development.
- Entering this position will give you a launching pad for a future life changing career at our company.
- This is a unique opportunity for personal and professional development working in a high performance culture where we take pride in being a great place to work and deliver high impact and value to our company.
About the department
- CMC API Business Support is part of CMC Development, the area within company's Research & Development organisation which develops, manufactures and distributes new drug candidates for clinical trials. CMC Development employs approximately 1,500 employees.
- CMC Development is organised in seven areas of expertise supporting the entire drug development pipeline.
- CMC API Development is located in the front-end of the CMC Development value chain, and has more than 500 employees.
- The area focuses on process development and pilot scale production of API.
- CMC API Business Support supports CMC API development management to enable strategic, sound and data driven management decisions.
- We focus on driving of business plans, business cases, portfolio and capacity planning/forecasting, top management support, project management, data & analysis and process excellence management (Quality Management System (QMS), cLEAN® and training management).
- We are a diverse department consisting of 11 dedicated employees with various areas of expertise.
- We are ambitious and constantly strive for excellence.
- As Head of CMC API Business Support you will be responsible for driving the strategic agenda across CMC API Development through facilitation of business plan processes and specific strategic initiatives. Furthermore, you will be involved in identifying future business focus areas and executing on key initiatives.
- You will be part of the CVP (Corporate Vice President) management team and work closely with both the CVP and the four VPs. F
- Furthermore, you will chair the meetings in the CVP management team, securing focus on business critical discussions, sound decision making and a clear progress on action points.
- You will be managing a team of highly talented project managers, business analysts/coordinators and interns/students.
- One of your direct reports will be the manager of our process excellence management group.
- You have completed a relevant Master’s Degree (Natural Sciences, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or the like) with excellent results.
- You have vast experience working with strategy, project management and/or business development in a leading organisation or as a management consulting from a top tier consultancy.
- You have a solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, preferable within R&D.
- Management experience is an advantage, but not a prerequisite.
- You take leadership naturally and have high professional expectations for you and your employees.
- You are a strong communicator and always strive for clear and concise top-down communication both written and oral.
- You are comfortable giving presentations to senior management.
- You are ambitious with a high level of drive, initiative and persistency.
- You are result oriented and like to be challenged.
- You excel at navigating in an environment with many stakeholders and at facilitating collaborations across organisational levels.
- You are fluent in English.
Working with Us:
- Your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better.
- In exchange, we offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary and talented people as well as to benefit from a wide range of possibilities for professional and personal development.