This job is currently Archived,
Head of Clinical Science Neurology Braine-l'Alleud Belgium,
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- We put heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe diseases.
- Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
- To strengthen our Neurosciences TA Biology team within our New Medicines Patient Value Unit, we are looking to fill the position of : Head of Clinical Science Neurology
Nature and scope:
- The Head of Clinical Science Neurology is accountable for the definition of the clinical strategy of the Neurology portfolio including the design and execution of proof of concept studies and translational medicine and biomarker strategy for the Neurology Early Development pipeline.
- The applicant is expected to be a clinical expert in neurology with a strong track record of delivery in industry.
- The Head of Clinical Science Neurology will work closely with colleagues in the Neurology Therapeutic Area, Global Exploratory Development and the Neurology Patient Value Unit to deliver a portfolio in line with the company Patient Value strategy.
- The head of Clinical Science Neurology will provide leadership on Neurology Early Development teams, lead through influence across the cross-functional matrix and establish him-/herself as a respected clinical and drug development expert within the company.
- The role holder will work with the Research Project Leaders to generate a portfolio of Phase 0 projects to support the pipeline with a focus on generating patient stratification hypotheses and identifying biomarkers for target engagement and patient selection.
- These studies will generally be delivered through a network of academic translational medicine sites and will be executed with the support of GED functions.
- The holder will be a member of the New Medicine Leadership team, Discovery Pipeline Core Team, Clinical Portfolio meeting and the extended Neurology PVU LT.
Strategy and Leadership:
- Build the Clinical Neurology group as a mix of internal headcount and external clinical fellows so that it can provide Clinical Therapeutic expertise to the Discovery and Early Development Portfolio
- Develop strong working relationships with the Head of Neurology Therapeutic Area, Head of the Dev Med Practice and nPVU mission leads
- Be a core member of DPM, CPM,GED LT and NMLT shaping the clinical strategies of the pre DP4 and Early Development pipeline
- Build a phase 0 portfolio of projects in support of the Pre DP4 and Early Development pipeline focussing on patient stratification hypotheses and target engagment and patient selection biomarkers.
- Provide clinical leadership for Neurology assets
- Accountable for the delivery of the Phase 0 pipeline with GED operational support
- Clinical Indication strategies for each program as it comes through DP4
- Clinical Fellow program with the head of Super networking
Experience and Skills:
- PhD required.
- Will require a medical degree with significant experience in Neurology and therapeutically aligned Industry experience.
- Strong science background with track record of delivery in Neurology as demonstrated by strong publication record. Network in Neurology.
- Neurology expertise.
- Drug development experience
- Strong communication skills with good presentation skills
- LIne or matrix management experience
- High performer, strong team-commitment. Is innovative, can manage uncertainty.
- Ability to work independently and to solve complex problems and multiple projects in supervisory capacity.
- Must be a strong team player with abilities to work in a multicultural environment.
Job Segment: Clinic, Medical Technologist, Neurology, Medical, Healthcare, Research
Braine L'alleud Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates