Head of Algorithms - Germany
Corporate Research & Technology at ZEISS creates cutting-edge research & technology solutions for ZEISS. We identify, develop and transfer innovation and technology solutions beyond the core competences of the company’s business groups. For a position based in Oberkochen, Jena or Munich, we are now seeking a
Head of Algorithms
Your role at ZEISS Corporate Research & Technology:
You will play a crucial role in further developing our global algorithm topics and actively contribute to the success of Corporate Research & Technology at ZEISS. In this challenging function, you will lead the current teams in Oberkochen, Jena and Munich and set up our new global teams in China and the USA. Bringing agile work methodologies to life by implementing and further developing them, you will lead a team of currently 30 employees in a modern way. To advance ZEISS, it is important to establish a platform across the ZEISS Group and accelerate strategic future-oriented projects such as machine learning, computational imaging and virtual prototyping in cross-functional teams. Together with the ZEISS business groups, you will drive digital initiatives and algorithm competencies. Maintaining an international network consisting of universities, research institutes, start-Ups, business partners and clients is of tremendous importance.
Take responsibility and shape the future of ZEISS!
- An excellent university degree, preferably in physics, mathematics, computer science and at least 8 years of experience in a similar senior leading role in the high-tech Industry
- Proven experience in the fields of machine learning, computational imaging, physical optics and software engineering
- A team player mentality and the ability to develop and shape high-performing teams as well as the ability to adapt agile principles to the context of large organizations
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills as well as an open mindset and analytical skills
- An excellent network and a talent for building and using internal and external networks for building high performing teams
- Fluent English (technical and non-technical) and at least a basic understanding of German
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.