- To establish, lead and maintain Environment Health Safety function at all company locations.
- To assure environmental, health and safety excellence through the direction of the development, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive corporate-wide systems and programs.
- To lead in strategic initiatives intending to achieve an established EHS vision, provide confidence to significant stakeholders and ultimately transform the organization towards effective safety culture.
- To act as an ‘Internal influencer’ and determine prospects for injury prevention, pollution abatement and overall sustainable growth of the organization.
- 10-15 years industrial experience preferred of which 8 – 10 years has been at a senior management level in EHS function of pharma or chemical company.
- Experience in capital project activities would be an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of the changing environmental and safety legislations, the overlapping requirements of various agencies, regulatory programs, and industry standards.
- Compliance management, People-Management, Teamwork and Project-Management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented business environment.
- Degree in physics, chemistry or any branch of engineering/technology
- Advanced Degree in Safety from a university recognized by the Government preferred
- Postgraduate degree in Industrial Pollution Management / Environment or Safety Management preferred
- Professional Certification in EHS related areas such as ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001