This job is currently Archived,
Head, EMEA & APAC Logistics - Switzerland
Posted on : 21 March 2017
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
- Head EMEA & APAC Logistics is responsible for managing and optimizing the company and Asia Pacific supply chain logistics, distribution and warehouse network.
- This role fully owns the ‘SHIP’ and ‘DELIVER’ of our products to customers (Hospitals, Pharmacies, Distributors) in the Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East regions.
- This function includes customer service/ order management and logistics operations.
- Develops the Supply Chain vision and leads implementation of strategic initiatives deriving from it, and is accountable for the Supply Chain day-to-day performance and compliance.
- This position is responsible for selection and management of Logistics Service Providers internationally.
- Has budget responsibility for International Supply Chain, and is accountable for all inventories of our company worldwide.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assess current Logistics and Transportation assets and footprint and define European, Asia Pacific and Middle East logistic strategy in collaboration with the global franchises and local affiliate markets
- Implement the various strategic initiative to realize the Global Logistics strategy
- Optimize the current stat distribution network to improve reliable fulfillment of customer demand
- Accountable for ensure company product is delivered both short and long term fulfillment, capacity and logistics planning
- Accountable for daily operations of all Logistic Service Providers (LSP’s) within region of scope which includes (but not limited to) contract negotiations, operations management, delivery and performance
- Build strategic and operational relationships with country affiliates, GSLT, franchise leads, finance and various external stakeholders (e.g., import/ exporters, custom agencies)
- Optimize shipping lanes to ensure delivery and secure storage of all finished and semi-finished goods
- Partner with development to support design of autologous supply chain set up
- Ensure compliance with all Good Distribution Practices (GDPs), legal, EH&S and financial reporting requirements
- Report key logistic performance KPIs
General and Leadership
- Lead with a global mind-set and direct and influence multiple remote teams.
- Business Acumen: Has a strong understanding of the key business drivers of the industry/organization. Persuades others with fact-based judgments of the business situation.
- Setting Strategy: Makes decisions that balance a variety of factors (e.g., quality, cost, risk, short-term v. long-term impact, etc.). Sets a clear direction for others in times of uncertainty and change. Constructively challenges the conventional wisdom or accepted ways of doing things.
- Executing for Results: Maintains high standards of performance for himself/herself and others, and follows through on commitments. Demonstrates integrity, and sticks to core values and principles. Takes the long view, and when faced with challenging obstacles, persists over a significant period of time to achieve his/her shared company agenda.
- Conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure. Makes timely decisions when a quick response is required and a number of possible alternatives are available.
- Leading Teams: Holds people accountable for agreed-to results. Identifies and keeps others focused on the most important metrics to drive the business. Forges strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives and talents. Includes direct reports and key stakeholders in setting goals, developing plans and making decisions to build commitment and create alignment. Serves as a strong mentor and builds organizations of effective leaders.
- Building Relationships and Using Influence: Establishes credibility and earns respect with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders including senior executives, commercial, finance, manufacturing and other functional leaders, contractors and other partners. Is highly articulate, and makes arguments in a clear and compelling manner. Can “get things done” without compromising principles. Has excellent negotiating skills, and achieves win-win outcomes in difficult situations.
- Minimum of 10 years logistics and supply chain experience, ideally in the pharmaceutical industry
- Hands on experience in supply chain operations, sales & operations planning, materials management, logistics, warehouse / physical distribution, and customer order fulfillment.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Global operations experience, import / export operations, working knowledge of regulatory, drug licensing, and operating requirements in a global market.
- Global supplier relationship management, contract management & Compliance, control and oversight of contractor / supplier performance.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proven to possess highly developed project management skills.
- Strong intercultural skills to facilitate successful interactions in Europe, Asia and Middle East
- Solid understanding of finance and legal topics to facilitate cross functional collaboration
- Minimum educational requirement is a Bachelors with advance degree preferred.
- Willingness to travel regional and international.