Hadoop DevOps Engineer Job - Czechia
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As Hadoop Devops Engineer you are
Either Hadoop developer, who is seriously curious about automation of deployment and Infrastructure-as-Code, because it allows you to better understand the final product and actually deliver something, that makes someone’s life easier. Or Hadoop system admin, who has a passion for coding and scripting, because … well … for the same reason as above.
Either way, we are looking for people, who have pushed beyond their defined areas of competence and who have a more holistic view of their technical environments.
Your job is to
• take care of technical part of MSD Data Lake.
• to make sure, that the system and the data there are available as agreed
• to explore new technical ways within big data area, that would allow our scientists and manufacturing people utilize precious data in a better way
• to implement these new features end to end and be proud of them.
• Design and implementation of software product (Big Data Hadoop cluster)
• Development, automation and running of lifecycle tasks (builds, tests, deployment, infra setup/teardown, ….)
• Ensuring operational stability (incident/service request solution)
• International environment and global projects
• Learning new technologies
• Internal and external events, conferences and trainings
• Spectrum of benefits
• Flexible working environment
What we need:
• Curiosity, communication, enthusiasm
• Will to learn new things
• Hadoop based cluster setup (and its integration with other technologies, such as Spark, Elastic, Kerberos…)
• Development in scripting languages such as Python, Unix shell as well as product development in Java/Scala. Proficiency in at least one area is required, proficiency in both is benefit
However we will be happy if you know one of these:
• Administration of various Linux distros
• Git version control system knowledge
• Various Atlassian products (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Engineering, Development & Integration Job Title:Hadoop DevOps Engineer
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Java, Developer, Linux, Engineering, Technology