Gynecology Marketing Manager - United States
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc., (KSEA) is an affiliate of KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology, encompassing all endoscopic specialties. Based in Tuttlingen, Germany, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG is a family-owned company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship and clinical effectiveness.
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, KSEA is responsible for all U.S. distribution of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices and OR1® integration technologies.
KARL STORZ is currently seeking to hire a Field Marketing Manager Gynecology. This person can be located in El Segundo. Selected candidate will travel up to 70% of the time including field based visits and meeting attendance.
The Field Marketing Manager Gynecology is primarily responsible for downstream marketing activities aimed at driving sales growth and profitability. A key responsibility of this position is promoting the KARL STORZ Hysteroscopy Gynecology products through educational initiatives with current and potential customers. This person will assist in the development and implement marketing plans, sales training, budget development and management, market research, support of our Segmented Urology Gynecology Account Executives, and Core Account Executives who are responsible for selling urology and gynecology products. Additionally the Field Marketing Manager is responsible for promoting, repair services, video imaging, and OR-1 integration for the specialty. This position will also support ongoing marketing functions that include product promotion, sales reporting, and communications to the field.
- Assist in the development of marketing tools, including power messaging, field communications, training plans, and marketing strategies to increase sales effectiveness.
- Assist in the development of new product launches targeted at KARL STORZ field sales and customer end users.
- Responds to product questions and provides product clarity to the sales executives and management.
- Collaborates effectively with the sales executives to help expand our existing installed base, and develop new account sales opportunities.
- Provides clinical support/expertise to internal and external customers to drive company revenue goals.
- Educates and trains physicians and internal personal/sales team on technical matters related to our product line through targeted case coverage, in-services, and office calls to drive account independence.
- Provides training and resources to our Sales Executives that will enable them to provide training to their physicians.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of key business trends and market conditions.
- Demonstrates command of clinical literature and knowledge. Develops strong clinical arguments to support market development with internal and external customers.
- Facilitates collaboration with industry partners as directed by the Director, Marketing.
- Assists with planning and attends conventions and workshops, and managing lead collections.
- Performs product training, clinical workshops, and labs while demonstrating advanced knowledge of gynecology products and procedures.
- Builds strong relationships with Gynecology Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Designs and conducts sales training in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders.
- Strategically supports the sales team when appropriate, including attending surgeries, and meeting with customers.
- On a monthly basis performs analysis of market drivers and specialty product performance.
- Assist in the development of demand forecasts, sales reporting, SAP product analysis, product promotions, and field communications.
- Monitors competitive landscape and learns competitive technology, products, strategies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Continually keeps direct management up to date with activities and accomplishments.
- Participates with the creation of the annual Gynecology Marketing business plan.
- Demonstrates commitment to serving customers and engaging with KSEA field sales team.
- Assists in the performance of clinical field-testing of new Gynecology products.
- Serves as resource for company’s Customer Operations, Technical Support, and Charlton teams.
- A minimum education level of Bachelor’s Degree required – MBA a plus.
- Considerable experience in combined medical product marketing and sales: 5-6+ years required.
- Effective teaching skills with ability to translate complex instructions clearly.
- Effective communication and conflict management skills.
- Solid professional organizational skills.
- Ability to employ critical thinking in reaching sound business decisions.
- Ability to analyze and recommend changes to training documents as well as constructing effective training programs.
- Ability to be highly adaptable to complexity and change with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of specific instructions.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft applications; intermediate to advanced computer skills in use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access required; basic SAP knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prefer previous knowledge of the surgical capital equipment business and gynecology procedures.
- MUST have OR/Clinical Office experience
- Clinical Sales experience preferred.
- MUST be able to train others effectively as needed.
- Gynecology experience strongly preferred.
Karl Storz reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, Karl Storz, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable Karl Storz policies and procedures . KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment