Grower Specialist - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Work with the RAMs to execute the on-farm strategy to deliver the sales of both seed and Crop Protection Products as per the district plans.
- Product portfolio includes company Crop Protection products, PHI seed and may include other associated crop protection products and services;
- Work with RAMs to continue to build the relationship with Pioneer Sales Account Managers and Sales Reps to enhance the joint bundled offering of seed and company chemistry to farmers;
- Manage the company Crop Protection end-to-end integrated offer ( seed, crop protection, services) to farmers to maximize the penetration and share of the farm acre;
- Establish and maintain a consistent level of commitment to selling company Crop Protection products, differentiating products and services and build relationships;
- Deliver to growers the agronomic and product benefit information to enhance productivity on farm;
- Differentiate products and services and build relationships with key farmers using agronomic and technical skills;
- Build and maintain relationships with grower customers and new prospects to promote sell & service company Crop Protection products and other crop production products aligned with market strategies;
- Provide high quality agronomic information to joint company and Pioneer key farmers to maximize acres of Pioneer seed and sales of company crop protection chemistry;
- Identify customer and geography needs and communicate these needs to Area Sales Manager and retail Account Managers;
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of associated company Crop Protection products and services;
- Manage key farmer relationships by providing sound agronomic and technical advice on products and farming systems;
- Create and implement a plan for assigned geography that includes: Joint plans with RAMs and ASMs to target key growers. Prioritizing time to maximize results.
- Creating relationship with largest farmers to provide “ pull “at the grower interface;
- Understand customer needs and provide feedback up and down the organization on product performance, program effectiveness and competitive activity.
- Suggest improvements or alternative tactics to help achieve district and area goals;
- Actively gather and communicate market conditions and trends; customer needs and values and product gaps in order to allow the business to create or modify product offerings;
- Implement and execute marketing programs and evaluate grower uptake at the end of the season.
- Manage assigned expense PO within budget;
- Continue to develop professionally by remaining current with new technologies, management innovations and sales management developments;
- Participate in the district team sessions and provide the relevant information as it pertains to the grower side of the business.
- Knowledge of Environmental, regulatory, and stewardship issues of company CPP and other competitive products at the local/regional level; local agricultural markets; value chain and production practices; Crop inputs, technical support, agronomy , cropping systems and agricultural practices;
- Demonstrated ability to sell and market products and services; negotiate win-win strategies;
- Ability to manage conflict resolution and handle objections by taking initiative & finding creative solutions;
- Ability to achieve desired results by following agreed upon plans;
- Understand and identify effective methods for collecting, interpreting & communicating market, customer & competitive data;
- Ability to plan and implement strategies;
- Effectively manage time, communicate with customers and peers and work in a team environment;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, key industry/market influencers, our company and partners to meet goals;
- Manage accounts to satisfy customer needs by understanding customer and Company requirements for success;
- Work independently with minimum supervision and operate within budget;
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing business environment;
- Identify opportunities for competitive advantages with new and existing products in the marketplace.