Large scale fermentation and downstream processing is required to generate large amounts of Agrobodies for further testing in the greenhouse and field, so we need to scale our productions from mg’s to g’s and kg’s.
Therefore, we are looking for an engineer or scientist, with expertise and experience in fermentation and in downstream processing of proteins in E. coli and more importantly in yeasts. The engineer/scientist is expected to organize fermentations and processing with a small in-house team and by interaction with service providers.
- Coordination of microbial productions as required for the different R&D projects
- Management of a small in-house team for productions and downstream processing
- Relationship with service providers for fermentation and downstream processing
- Development of optimized fermentations and downstream processing for cost effective large scale production of Agrobodies
- Organizing large scale manufacturing for registration and commercialization
- MSc/PhD in biochemistry/biotechnology, biological techniques, or equivalent
- Experienced with fermentation systems and downstream processing
- Enthusiastic team leader with good communication skills
- Hands-on, practical, problem-solving oriented
- Pro-active and high sense of quality, accuracy and detail
- Passionate and a positive mindset dedicated to success
- Interested and capable of collaborating outside of area of expertise
- Comfortable working in start-up environment