We have the ambition to contribute to a safer production of healthier food. We use heavy-chain binding domains derived from camelid antibodies or Agrobodies® for the development of innovative biopesticides to control crop pests and diseases. Our first research program has resulted in a series of Agrobodies® with anti-fungal activity as demonstrated by the protection of plants from fungal infections. The challenges we face are substantial but so are the rewards, as we are taking a whole new approach for the development of biopesticides. We are a highly dynamic company welcoming creative, innovative entrepreneurs and providing ample opportunities for personal development, in an open, positive team spirit. We have generated Agrobodies against a key component of the fungal cell membrane and cell wall and these Agrobodies have anti-fungal activities against a broad range of fungi. Anti-fungal Agrobodies can be produced by fermentation and be applied as a spray-on biopesticide or in a seed coating to protect crops and harvested products from infections. We are now moving these Agrobodies into the development process, focusing on the commercialization of biofungicides for applications on fruits, vegetables, and other crops. As all crop protection products, Agrobody-based biopesticides need to be formulated for optimal storability and for applications on different crops in the greenhouse and in the field.
Therefore, we are looking for an engineer or scientist, with expertise and experience in formulation of crop protection products, preferably biopesticides. The engineer/scientist is expected to develop and evaluate formulations with a small in-house team and by interaction with service providers.
- Coordination of the development and testing of formulations for Agrobody-based biopesticides
- Management of a small in-house team
- Relationship with service providers for formulations and testing
- Development of an optimized formulation for storability
- Development of formulations for greenhouse and field applications
- MSc/PhD in chemistry/biochemistry or equivalent
- Experienced with formulation of crop protection products, preferably biopesticides
- Enthusiastic team leader with good communication skills
- Hands-on, practical, problem-solving oriented
- Pro-active and high sense of quality, accuracy and detail
- Passionate and a positive mindset dedicated to success
- Interested and capable of collaborating outside of area of expertise
- Comfortable working in start-up environment.