This job is currently Archived,
Graphic Designer - United States
Posted on : 11 July 2017
- Our company is a top five global over-the-counter (OTC) consumer goods and pharmaceutical company, offers consumers and customers high quality products at affordable prices.
- From its beginnings in 1887 as a packager of generic home remedies, our company has grown to become the world's largest manufacturer of OTC products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company is also a leading provider of branded OTC products, generic extended topical prescription products and receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug
- Our company provides “Quality Affordable Healthcare Products” across a wide variety of product categories and geographies primarily in North America, Europe, and Australia, as well as other key markets including Israel and China.
This position brings expertise in integrating color theory, typography and print process to meet internal and external customer needs. This position will present designs and product concepts in a concise, professional manner and effectively communicate a brand/product message to the consumer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and design new branding concepts to take the product to market while meeting required deadlines
- Responsible for completing production work after a brand design has been finalized
- Takes and edits photos of finished products; may direct photo shoots as necessary
- Responsible for the design and development of sell sheets, brochures, catalog pages, and display materials
- Schedule bi-weekly Graphic Design Production meetings to review work list and prioritizations for assigned category to include Category Managers, Regulatory, and Purchasing
- Prepares accurate and timely print-ready files for production and sample development
- Works with packaging vendors on proofing process and accurate press checks to make necessary color corrections
- Meet established consumer and channel needs, product sales targets and overall brand strategy objectives
- B.A. degree in fine arts, Graphic Design, marketing or other related field desired; 2 year A.A degree required.
- Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 3 years design experience is required; agency experience is a plus
- Packaging design experience is preferred
- Experience in CS5 Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid communication skills are required
- Must be able to work well within a group setting
- Must be able to prioritize and work independently
- Primarily sedentary work with occasional standing, walking, lifting, moving, and traveling to other departments or work areas.
- Requires ability to use hands, fingers and arms for keyboarding, filing, telephone work, and operating office equipment greater than 75% of the time.
- Requires the ability to push, pull, move and/or lift up to 10-20 lbs. less than 25% of the time.