Grants & Financial Technician - Spain
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Center for Genomic Regulation, is an international biomedical research institute of excellence with more than 400 scientists from 43 countries, the company excellence is based on an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
- Our company has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
Mission of the role
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Grants & Financial Technician to strengthen the services provided by the Grants Office.
- The post holder will work under the supervision of the Head of Department.
- The Grants & Financial Technician will be in charge of providing support to the Post Award area to ensure compliance with the administrative and financial requirements related to the management and reporting of externally‑funded projects and those resulting from the internal accounting functions and schedules.
- The post holder will also take an active part in all common activities aimed at improving the quality and efficiency of the services provided by the area.
- The post-holder will support the area in managing and updating the information and data stored in ORACLE, the center financial/accounting tool.
- That may range from keeping records for new and ongoing projects to executing journal entries and adjustments, entry processing, grants accounts reconciliation and analysis.
The post-holder may additionally assist the area with the administrative and financial management of projects, ranging from individual fellowships to grants supported by private sponsors.
- The management of external grants requires processing a wide range of documents and reports, involving the elaboration - and collection - of documents and information across different departments. The post-holder may be providing assistance in making sure that the applicable requirements are fulfilled.
- The successful candidate will be working closely with the administration departments (e.g. Finance, HR, Secretariat).
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar position will be valued, which may include areas such as budgeting, purchasing and bookkeeping.
- Basic knowledge of the administrative management and reporting of awards from the Spanish government and the European Commission is highly recommended.
- Capable to manage multiple assignments involving analyzing and processing large volumes of data
- Proactive, flexible and showing a problem-solving attitude
- Capable to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player and able to work independently
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Duration: 1-year temporary part-time position, with the option of extending the appointment
- Estimated annual gross salary: Competitive salary
- Working hours: Monday-Friday: typically, from 8-9 am to 2-3 pm.
- Start date: Immediate hiring
- We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, providing the successful applicant with unique opportunities to develop a strong technical portfolio.
- Our company offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.