Grain Milling Senior Scientist - R&D - Franklinton, NC - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will help find the biological answers and build the new businesses that can pave the way for a brighter future.
Grain Milling Senior Scientist / Staff Scientist - R&D - Franklinton, NC
As a Senior or Staff Scientist, you will provide critical knowledge and industrial insights to set the technology direction for projects within our enzymatic Grain Milling platform, with a particular emphasis on wheat and corn. You will have the opportunity to influence strategic directions, apply your knowledge and experience in the laboratory and towards leading projects. You will play a key role in helping to establish lab and pilot-scale methods to simulate industrial processes. You will be asked to design, execute / direct, interpret and summarize experimental results; preparing reports and making presentations on findings.
In our labs, you’ll never be alone – you will have the support of passionate colleagues and the ability to collaborate with a global team of thought leaders.
- Ph.D. in Chemical / Process Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Grain Science, or related field preferred. B.S. / M.S. combined with 10+ years of industrial experience.
- Five or more years of hands-on experience working in industrial grain milling required, with emphasis on wheat and corn.
- Hands on laboratory experience preferred
- Experience with tank reactors, enzyme applications / assays, and analytical techniques preferred
- Experience with experimental design and statistical analysis preferred
- Experience with industrial cost modelling desireable
- Prior experience leading project teams is preferred
- A passion for challenging conventions and a drive for excellence
- Preference for contributing within a collaborative team environment required
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Application deadline: July 4, 2017