This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 02 June 2017
- Our company is looking for a newly graduated engineer to start in our GMP Biotech Manufacturing Engineering Business Unit.
- You will be a part of the Engineering department and report to the manager of the engineering team.
- As an engineer in a graduate position at our company, you will contribute to the completion of milestones associates with specific engineering projects or deliverables.
- The engineer will have frequent communication with internal company stakeholders and will be asked to represent the engineering organization to external stakeholders through presence and presentation at partner organization discussions, as well as develop options in order to present this to stakeholders and management on recommendations.
- The graduate role has focus on engineering technical support and troubleshooting for all utilities, clean utilities, automation, and process equipment and systems. Furthermore, the engineer must be able to manage small engineering projects with minimal oversight and direction and be able to participate in multi-function teams to implement change and improve on existing processes.
- The engineer will provide engineering support for various areas of our manufacturing facility containing utility, processing & support equipment.
Following assignments will be the principal accountabilities:
- Troubleshoot equipment systems and supports associated automation system troubleshooting efforts.
- Identify and execute equipment and systems related projects, including procedures, technology transfers, capital projects, and system modifications.
- Develop and support equipment commissioning and qualification (validation) activities.
- Maintain personal training, goal development/completion, compliance workflow tracking, & progress tracking.
- The position will rotate through three 6-8 month positions in Plant, Process, and Automation Engineering.
- At the end of the 18-24 months the role will be permanently placed into a position that meets the business need and the candidate s professional development.
- The engineer for this position needs 0-2 years of experience in performing or supporting engineering tasks, and/or possesses practical knowledge of engineering disciplines. The role requires the ability to quickly learn new computer systems and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The engineer must be able to be flexible in working hours to meet project and manufacturing needs. Furthermore, the assignments, which the engineer will be working on, are moderately complex in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required, along with good judgment in resolving problems & making routine recommendations. Lastly, the engineer must possess a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job and be an independent employee who is self-motivated and result driven.
Bachelor s or Master s Degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Engineer, Scientific, Facilities, Science, Engineering, Research, Operations
Find a Job Find Candidates