Global Strategic Sourcing Manager - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
- The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies.
- The Global Strategic Sourcing Manager reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Procurement will be the primary liaison between our company and the supply base.
- The Global Procurement goal is to provide Best-In-Class (Quality/Cost/Service) global sourcing for all procured materials. This will be accomplished through:
- Providing technical expertise and timely execution in new product launches
- Driving a “culture of quality” with suppliers
- Delivering “best total cost” through:
- Relationship management
- Contract design & oversight
- Operations & technology optimization
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Continuous Improvement utilizing Lean Sigma tools and processes
- Implementation of best practices
- This position is responsible for the strategic sourcing of materials for sites within company’s global network and will include raw materials, packaging components, and externally manufactured products.
- Serving as the primary contact for key supplier relationships, the Global Strategic Sourcing Manager will work to create global contracts with strategic suppliers for key materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Technical Field (Graduate Business Degree preferred)
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in pharmaceuticals, fine chemicals, medical device or food industry, with past five years involved with sourcing/purchasing/supply chain.
- Exceptional communication skills (both oral and written) and presentation skills
- Must be able to work across all functions and levels of an organization, as well as in a global, culturally diverse environment
- Superior negotiating skills at executive management level
- Proven project management skills and demonstrable process implementation ability
- Problem solving, quantitative skills and decision making talent
- Leadership skills with an ability to influence without authority
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturing or OEM.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements associated with pharmaceutical products.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word)