Global Strategic Sourcing Manager - Commercial, Travel, Meeting and Events - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
In 2016, Global Procurement was re branded Global Strategic Sourcing to better reflect our company’s evolving business needs, with the ultimate goal of transforming the organization from a locally driven structure to an organization that operates as a global center of excellence.
- Development of the Global Category Management framework
- Supply and supplier related risk management
- Contract performance and supplier relationship management
- Increased spend management
- Demand management
- Supplier innovation
- Assist in development and execution of category sourcing strategies for local, regional, and global initiatives for Commercial, Travel, and Meeting & Events spend categories.
- Identifies sourcing opportunities for cost saving and efficiency improvement for Commercial spend categories such as Ad Agencies, PR Agencies, Market Research, Print & Digital Production.
- Perform spend analysis on current vendors and leverage negotiated preferred supplier relationships across regions. Manage the ongoing performance of key suppliers including objective setting , ongoing monitoring , and contract life cycle management
- Establish Preferred Suppliers program to channel spend appropriately
- Understand the strategic business objectives and procurement requirements to develop sourcing strategies and category roadmaps
- Analyze spend data, internal requirements, and external supply markets to develop strategic sourcing strategies and plans aligned with the business goals
- Support the Global Strategic Sourcing leadership team in achievement of cultural and behavioral change towards establishment of a sustainable, best in class sourcing organization capable of delivering significant and sustainable value across the Supply Chain and the Commercial business units
- Develop strong partnerships with Procurement Operations, Accounts Payable, and Legal teams
- Manage, coordinate, and support special projects as needed
- Thorough understanding of sourcing process including market analysis, competitive biddings, preferred vendor management.
- Ability to build and maintain effective business relationships across functions; comfortable interfacing with senior levels of management
- Self-motivator to drive results with proven business and financial acumen.
- Proven ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with executive presentation skills
- Exceptional negotiations skills/ vendor contract development skills / analysis skills.
- Pharma/Biotech industry experience, specifically HCP spend reporting/compliance is desired
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, proficiency in MS Excel & Powerpoint is desired
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 5 years of experience of managing Commercial, Travel, and or Meeting & Events spend categories
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas