Global Strategic Sourcing Manager, Clinical & Non-Clinical - United States
In 2016, Global Procurement was re branded Global Strategic Sourcing to better reflect company’s evolving business needs, with the ultimate goal of transforming the organization from a locally driven structure to an organization that operates as a global center of excellence.
- Development of the Global Category Management framework
- Supply and supplier related risk management
- Contract performance and supplier relationship management
- Increased spend management
- Demand management
- Supplier innovation
- Supports the R&D Organization with the development of specifications and criteria for outsourced services, evaluation of suppliers, and the management of selected suppliers. Leads supplier management activities such as issue resolution, performance trending, and supplier governance for assigned subcategories.
- Provides ongoing support for spend category assessment to ensure that all potential opportunities for operational, quality, and financial synergies are identified, tracked, and implemented.
- Proactively work with R&D business partners to identify sourcing and contracting requirements in advance of supplier communications to ensure clear specifications, requirements, and alignment across the company team prior to initiating communications with suppliers.
- Prepare, finalize, and distribute RFP’s to suppliers. Manage the receipt and internal distribution of supplier responses and review proposals, conduct bid evaluation analyses, coordinate bid defenses with the supplier and comapny teams, compile selection criteria/requirements, and facilitate decision-making process to ensure objectivity and adherence to selection criteria while meeting the team’s timelines.
- Category maintenance: This includes contract life-cycle management (e.g., renewing expiring contracts, updating pricing annually, etc.), category databases (e.g., refreshing internal business requirement/impact metrics, supplier capabilities database, etc.), scanning the marketplace for changes and managing any known or potential business impact and developing risk mitigation plans.
- Continuous Improvement. This includes both department/category business process improvements (e.g., enhancements to the sourcing process, development or revision of key sourcing procedures, documenting processes, etc.) and personal development.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical or supply chain field.
- Experience negotiating contracts; strong analytical capabilities to evaluate deals and understand what are fair and optimal pricing structures
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience working in a matrix environment with indirect reporting structures
- Specialized technical expertise in one or more of the following areas (operations, supply chain, biotech/pharma R&D, GMPs, Sourcing, business acumen)
- Ability to communicate effectively with business unit clients; Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to develop, enhance and execute on processes and procedures; regularly contributes to development of new or enhancement of existing business process methodologies and tools.
- Strong project management skills
- Working in a GMP environment with understanding of regulations preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Life Science, and Engineering or a related field, and MBA is preferred.
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas