Global Senior Strategic Marketing Manager - United States
The Global Senior Strategic Marketing Manager routinely interfaces with senior leadership and works closely with a cross functional and global team of resources including: Marketing, Finance, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing and R&D.
- Development and implementation of solutions based strategies (offerings and programs) to leverage our portfolio with special attention to serving customer unmet needs and sustaining differentiation in the marketplace. This may include cross functional, cross platform and/or cross business initiatives.
- Competitive strategy and active monitoring of the competitive environment, including market sizing and share analysis
- Detailed understanding of customer needs and buying process
- Support the search, synthesis and selection of innovation opportunities and their successful commercialization per approved business case; guide innovation efforts to ensure alignment with key market needs where BD can bring differentiated value to serve.
- Strengthening global portfolio positioning, go to market strategies, market development and lifecycle management
- Assists in the refinement of global commercial marketing plans to ensure strategic focus; market driver’s analysis, market segmentation, positioning, value proposition, pricing and marketing mix
- Develops and manages key solution based market development strategies and programs, including the creation of the appropriate performance metrics and dashboard. This may include a link to financial/budget expectations and product line strategies, including market sensing, market development and marketing mix.
- Marketing Core Team Member on key cross functional programs and innovation teams to support marketing activities for products from pre-concept to launch.
- Delivers compelling presentations internally and externally to ensure alignment of product strategies.
- Employs appropriate market research tools to identify and interpret customers changing region attitudes, demands, and needs for existing company and competitive products.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with internal and external thought leaders to stay up to date on current and emerging trends in research practices, market and competitive trends.
- Develop and facilitate game theory simulations to understand the dynamic outcomes of strategic decisions
- Map out customer buying processes, by segment, to identify areas of opportunity for BD
- Work with regional teams to develop solution based strategies at point of sale that increase consumables pull through (including tender strategies)
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Experience in identifying market opportunities, market segmentation, competitive analysis, forecasting, pricing strategy, market development and go to market models and strategies
- Experience in all aspects of the innovation process (including the development of innovative go to market strategies, customer solutions, etc.)
- Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis
- Experience in the effective creation and facilitation of strategy workshops
- Requires a highly motivated, dynamic and customer-oriented leader who thrives in a challenging and changing environment
- High level of personal effectiveness with the ability to work effectively within and ability to lead a project team and the cross-functional organization
- Experience working in and/or leading teams in global, cross-functional environments and/or matrix organizations
- Substantial applied product and market management experience in multiple disciplines, such as competitive strategy, brand management and/ or product development.
- Typically requires a B.S. in a Life Sciences discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA and/or Master’s degree, Ph.D. in Immunology or Cell Biology or related scientific discipline preferred.
- 10 years of business experience, preferably in a biotechnology or life sciences industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Business experience may include marketing, sales, business development or other related function.
- Requires a general knowledge of the Life Sciences market as well as the sales, operations, and marketing functions. Scientific and technical knowledge with the ability to develop and review technical product specifications and applications development plans based on customer needs is key. Specific understanding of flow cytometry preferred.
- Effective skills in areas of interpersonal, oral and written communication, organization, prioritization and planning, goal setting, analytical and problem solving.
- Results-oriented, capable of managing and driving the completion of multiple competing projects
- Experience presenting to senior level leadership is required.
- Prior experience managing others is highly preferred
- Prior experience with Ecommerce and/or salesforce.com is highly preferred
Job Specific Requirements:
30% travel (domestic & international)