Global SAP Tax Consultant - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first.
- We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Our company has implemented a single instance SAP ECC 6.0 solution globally.
- Financial support operations are managed through our four regional Global Business Services (GBS) centers.
- The Finance Business Process Knowledge Center (BPKC) is a global and virtual organization containing subject master experts and global data stewards from different countries, with deep business process knowledge, SAP functional knowledge, with tax / accounting education, and project experience.
- The Financial BPKC scope cover general accounting (GA), purchase to pay (P2P), order to cash (O2C), intercompany, tax, and treasury processes.
- The Finance BPKC delivers business process support, consultancy, training to GBS, and global data stewardship.
- Finance BPKC group is involved and/or managed numerous projects prioritized by Global Process Owners (GPO), for projects related to business development, business process improvement and automation, legal, tax and regulatory compliance.
- The Finance BPKC tax group provides support on Tax and legal compliance by means of SAP financial processes, which is for the most part but not limited to indirect tax such as VAT, Withholding Taxes and Sales and Consumption Taxes, for +70 countries.
- Finance BPKC Tax group provide business support to GBS as well as to the Corporate Tax group and country tax personal.
- The position is a Tax Consultant role in the Finance BPKC Tax group.
- BPKC Tax Consultant is providing business process support, training and consulting to Tax business users.
- Tax Consultant is coordinating implementation of tax and legal changes through change process management between operations, data stewards groups and IT groups.
- A tax consultant is also working with Tax Global, Regional and Local Process Owners, at improving process, controls, tax and legal compliance.
- The responsibilities listed below translate into approximately the following level of engagement: 40% of operational support, 40% of project work and 20% of training and documentation.
- While this position will perform no IT technical configuration or ABAP coding work, configuration knowledge and SAP project experiences is prefered but not required.
- Operational support and process management activity Provide high end business support to GBS users and end-users related to tax processes, on questions or problems.
- Is part of SAP production support governance activity related to tax and legal compliance.
- Prioritize system changes for break/fixes and enhancements and with IT and Data group.
- Conduct discussion with local internal or external tax expert to assess impact on SAP tax processes, related to a new business development, or new tax and legal requirement
- Lead and manage change management process between tax operations, Data and IT groups, for any tax and legal changes.
- Communicate effectively tax and legal changes across functions, operational centers and data steward groups.
- Provide Tax support to release manager and GBS for SAP regression testing.
- Provide subject matter expertise on data.
- Although the position is not assigned as the global data steward, however, tax consultant needs an understanding of data and its impact on transactional processing and reporting.
- Serves as an inquiring mind by networking externally with Tax and SAP community, researching new tools and technologies, best practices, methods etc...
- To organize and optimize tax compliance.Influence and work with GPO and Tax stakeholders at improving tax compliance.
- Project Work Work with GPO and BPKC management at prioritizing project list.
- Provide inputs and ideas to the project list.
- Participate to small/medium/large size projects whether as project manager role, project resource role or consulting role.
- Provide tax support to other project groups: P2P, O2C, T&E, Data groups, etc.
- Training and Documentation Maintain training materials and deliver off site and on site end users training, related to tax scenarios, tax determination at transactional level, tax data, tax reporting, etc.
- Maintain and organize guidelines and rules to data team related to maintenance of tax data.
- Maintain and organize set of documentation on tax requirements country by country
- BS degree preferably in tax, finance or ITAt least one year of tax experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Our company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Strong tax knowledge and experiences, preferably in the space of indirect taxes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, to link tax and legal requirements with company global processes.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately diagnose complex problems, select or create appropriate alternative solutions, and effectively implement the appropriate solution
- Excellent SAP skills and knowledge, not necessarily configuration skills.
- Have a broad and solid SAP knowledge across P2P/O2C/GA functions.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment with multiple internal and external business partners / service providers.
- Excellent trainer skills. Ability to train people in virtual or in classroom.
- Highly motivated and independent individual with a strong desire to make a positive impact to the company’s business processes
- Professional Tax Certification
- Experience supporting multiple countries for a multinational company.
- Experience in a Financial Accounting and/or Tax department
- Knowledge of government mandated reporting requirements, such as European Union trade statistics
- SAP project experience.SAP configuration and technical knowledge in FI, SD, MM modules.
- Be a tech-savvy personality.Project management experience.Foreign languages spoken and written.
- Due to the nature of the support activities, some overtime and/or “off hours” effort may be required during peak business times
- Some international travel will be required (up to 20% of the working time)
- Our company is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.