This job is currently Archived,
Global SAP General Accounting Consultant - United States
Posted on : 28 May 2017
- We unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader.
- Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first.
- We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Our company has implemented a single instance SAP ECC 6.0 solution globally.
- Financial support operations are managed through our four regional Global Business Services (GBS) centers based in the US, Mexico, Ireland and Malaysia.
- The Finance Business Process Knowledge Center (BPKC) is a global and virtual organization containing subject master experts and global data stewards from different countries, with deep business process knowledge, SAP functional knowledge, with tax / accounting education, and project experience.
- The Financial BPKC scope covers general accounting (GA), purchase to pay (P2P), order to cash (O2C), inter-company, tax, and treasury processes.
- The Finance BPKC delivers business process support, consultancy, training to GBS, and global data stewardship.
- Finance BPKC group is involved and/or managed numerous projects prioritized by Global Process Owners (GPO), for projects related to business development, business process improvement, automation, compliance to US GAAP, and local legal statutory requirements.
- The Finance BPKC General Accounting group provides support on General Accounting by means of SAP financial processes, and includes the following activities: Month-end and Year-end Closing, GL account Reconciliation and analysis, Journal Voucher processing, Financial and Accounting reporting, legal statutory accounting and reporting, Intercompany Non-Product Billing and Global Clearing, Capital Asset Accounting, Treasury, Controls and Metrics to support Audit and process management. BPKC GA group provide business support to GBS as well as to the Corporate accounting group and country local financial personal.
- The purpose of the General Accounting position within the Finance BPKC is to provide technical and business process support for General Accounting process.
- The Finance BPKC is responsible for providing business process and SAP training, consulting, high-level problem resolution, and process improvements recommendations in an effort to leverage the use of SAP and global tools such as Winshuttle or Compleo, to make General Accounting business processes more efficient and effective.
- The responsibilities listed below translate into approximately the following level of engagement: 33% operational support, 33% training/knowledge transfer, and 33% of projects.
- While this position will perform no IT technical configuration or ABAP work, configuration knowledge and SAP implementation experience is strongly desirable.
- In short, the position responsibilities focus on the usability of the SAP system by our GBS, business process outsourced provider, and country affiliate personnel.
- Operational support and process management activity
- Provide tier 2/3 business support to GBS users and end-users related to General Accounting processes, on questions or problems.Is part of SAP production support governance activity related to GAPrioritize system changes for break/fixes and enhancements and with IT and Data group.
- Provide GA support to release manager and GBS for SAP regression testing.Provide subject matter expertise on data.
- Although the position is not assigned as the global data steward, however, GA consultant needs an understanding of data and its impact on transactional processing and reporting.Serves as an inquiring mind by networking externally with Financial and SAP community, researching new tools and technologies, best practices, methods etc...
- To organize and optimize financial processes.Provide recommendation on data. Although the position is not assigned as the global data steward, however, GA Consultant needs an understanding of data and its impact on transactional processing and reporting.
- Work with global process owners, regional controllers, Corporate Groups, GBS management and BPO partner on process enhancement matters to assure the system is meeting the vision and efficiency and effectiveness metric targets are met. Influence and work with GPO and Financial stakeholders at improving GA processes.
- Understand security authorizations and security role group purposes to help provide security guidance, i.e., understand existing security role groups and unravel transaction level problems within role groups.
- Project WorkWork with GPO and BPKC management at prioritizing project list.
- Provide inputs and ideas to the project list.Participate to small/medium/large size projects whether as project manager role, project resource role or consulting role.
- Provide Accounting expertise to other project groups: P2P, O2C, T&E, Data groups, etc.
- Training and Documentation
- Provide formal business process and SAP knowledge transfer and sharing of key learning points and system changes to the General Accounting community to increase business process knowledge and SAP proficiency.
- Maintain training materials and deliver off site and on site end users training
- Maintain and organize guidelines and rules to data team related to maintenance of data.Deliver training, through webcast or on site with class-room
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Tax, Finance, or ITAt least one year of general accounting experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Our company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Strong GSD business process knowledge and experiences, in Finance and General Accounting processes.
- Strong SAP skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated both a bias for action and a focus on results
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately diagnose complex SAP and business problems, select or create appropriate alternative solutions, and effectively implement the appropriate solution
- Ability to adapt quickly to complex circumstances and situations, learn while doing, and navigate through an ambiguous situation or issue quickly
- Ability to influence and steer people at all levels
- Highly motivated and independent individual with a strong desire to make a positive impact to the company’s business processes
- An undergraduate degree in business or Finance (or equivalent work experience)
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment with multiple internal and external business partners / service providers.
- Ability to train people in multiple ways such as Classroom training and Web meetings
- Previous experience supporting multiple countries for a global company utilizing a GBS support structure
- Knowledge of local legal business processes requirements
- Previous experience in a Financial Accounting department
- SAP implementation experience
- Effective project management skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt expertise
- Due to the nature of the support activities, some overtime and/or “off hours” effort are required during peak business times
- Some international travel will be required.Our company is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status