Global Safety and Environment Audit Team Lead Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This role serves as an Audit Team Lead in the Global Safety and Environment (GSE) Global Audit program. The purpose of the global audit program is to assess compliance with applicable governmental regulations and company procedures and to assess the effectiveness of management systems and controls. The Audit Team Lead is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of the GSE Audit program, completing audits and advising senior management of potential issues that may present significant risk to the organization.
The Audit Team Lead is responsible for all aspects of planning, preparation and execution of assigned audits and specifically:
- Establishing the detailed scope and required resources for assigned Audits
- Organizing the audit logistics
- Managing the costs of the audit within the approved budget
- Identifying, selecting and managing required consultant services.
- Ensuring the audit scope is covered as well as other potential concerns as identified
- Managing the audit objectively and escalating concerns appropriately
- Ensuring audit documentation is clear, concise, complete and traceable to requirements
- Managing information from the audit and utilize established business systems
- Communicating the results of the Audit to the Site/Area and the GSE Leadership Team
- Approving and providing follow up and closeout of actions developed to address audit observations
- Utilizing the established audit program protocols and systems
- Developing audit program reports as requested covering metrics, controls, practices and compliance status
- Providing training to Merck Auditors and other participants as required
- Demonstrating continuous professional development across areas to be audits
Travel is expected to be between 35-45%
NOTE: There are 2 open positions
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Life Sciences or a related area of study is required.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Business-level proficiency in spoken and written English language
- Experience in completing Environmental, Health and Safety audits and assessments over a period of years or significant number of audits.
- In depth knowledge of environmental regulations and safety programs with specific attention to high risk work activities
- At least three years of experience leading environmental or safety compliance programs
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately both in writing and orally
- Ability to analyze a wide range of operational and regulatory data and draw appropriate conclusions
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- One or more professional certifications in the safety, environmental or auditing fields (e.g. CPEA, CSP, CHMM, CIH, PE)
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Demonstrated project management and budgeting skills
- International experience
- Multi lingual
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Env, Health & Safety Generic
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Safety & Environment
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Audit, Safety, Law, Engineer, Manager, Finance, Service, Legal, Engineering, Management