Global Project Lead, Supply Chain Planning - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Project Lead, Supply Chain Planning is a member of the Commercial Supply Chain team and is responsible for the planning and coordinating product supply activities for commercial Drug Substance (DS) & Drug Product (DP) of one or more complex products.
- The role develops supply and inventory plans based on dependent Finished Goods demand, inventory targets and CMC activities.
- This is achieved through working closely with key stakeholders (e.g. Finished Goods Planning, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory)
- The role has insight into the end-to-end supply chain and is capable of assessing how CMC product changes impact supply to market within Regulatory implementation windows.
- The role routinely identifies and communicates any supply risks to management and recommends and implements corrective actions to maintain inventory targets and minimize supply risks.
- May lead cross functional projects focused on process and systems improvement.
- This position is able to deal with high level of ambiguity and complexity, anticipates potential risks, develops corresponding contingency plans, and is capable of acting proactively in order to support strategic and complex decisions. The influencing and negotiation skills are important for this role as interactions and buy-in from different stakeholders and decision makers are key.
- This position will represent the Supply Chain organization through a matrix leadership role on one or more PO&T Asset teams.
- In this role, the candidate will be responsible for driving alignment of the Supply Chain strategy across the broader organization (including Senior Leadership) as well as leading implementation of changes tied to the Asset strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of the end-to-end supply chain across departments is required to highlight and anticipate risks and opportunities for supply chain planning.
- Ensure demand and supply alignment through Supply Chain Planning. Understand main drivers impacting this process: demand changes, capacity, inventory targets, CMC variations, Regulatory implementation windows.
- Develop and maintain a 24-month supply plan on a monthly basis that balances these factors, and translate this plan into production requirements for internal and external manufacturing sites.
- Monitor execution against this plan and escalate any concerns to management.
- Lead cross-functional activities/teams within Global Supply Chain to ensure uninterrupted market supply.
- Drive the development of inventory targets for the assigned products, based on supply & demand variability.
- Ensure that inventory is kept at target level, and escalate discrepancies and risks. Minimize risk of inventory obsolescence though inventory analysis, evaluating demand changes, remaining shelf life restrictions, and CMC variation restrictions. Identify opportunities of improvement in inventory management and drive changes and resolution, cross functionally if needed.
- Perform scenario analysis in support of different business needs such as product life cycle management, impact of demand changes, contingency plans.
- Serves as Global Supply Chain representative on one or more product specific PO&T Asset team.
- Leads a matrix team across the Supply Chain organization and serves as the primary point of contact with the PO&T Asset Lead and team.
- Leads development of Supply Chain strategy across the organization, ensuring alignment with key stakeholders and Senior Leadership.
- Works cross-functionally within Asset Team to align on overall product strategy.
- Accountable to bring view of entire Supply Chain organization & Sr.
- Leadership to Asset Team in order to ensure alignment of functional & program goals
- Drives development of implementation plans and/or execution of life cycle management activities across Supply Chain, Quality, and Manufacturing Operations. Develop plans and contingencies for ensuring stable supply during the introduction of new products and/or product life-cycle changes
- Leads continuous improvement projects to drive expanded capabilities and improve the efficiency of existing processes.
- Provide supply chain process analyses and identify potential solutions in support of improvement projects.
- Ensure compliance. Work with Quality Assurance to promote and maintain compliance.
- Exceptions handling/Investigate exceptions, determine root causes, implement CAPAs and drive closure.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical manufacturing industry with at least 3+ years on strong business experience in a Supply Planning role
- Experience within an international and controlled environment is required
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to articulate recommendations and key decision points to senior management)
- Demonstrated experience reducing complex subjects to key points. Ability to work in fast paced environments and great organizational skills to effectively balance a broad range of projects and tasks in parallel
- Exceptional team player (ability to direct and participate in cross functional and management teams). Ability to develop a strong network across the company.
- Experience with MRP Demand and Supply Planning is a must
- Experience with Supply Chain and Manufacturing planning tools, preferably: Oracle, Agile PLM, Hyperion, Business Object, TrackWise, SAP, APO, Manugistics, JDE
- Project Management experience and ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Strong working knowledge of the product lifecycle, the value chain (plan, source, make, deliver), and global supply chain functions that allows for effective cross-functional collaboration and efficient execution of day to day tasks. Understands the main phases of product development and commercialization.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or similar education required
- APICS certification (or equivalent) preferred
- Lean Six Sigma/Green Belt is an asset
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
Job Segment: Biotech, Supply Chain, Engineer, Supply, Lean Six Sigma, Science, Operations, Engineering, Management