Global Procurement, Site Sourcing Specialist - United States
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy.
- Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Procurement Specialist is an essential resource responsible for a broad spectrum of support activities; including stakeholder support, maintaining outline agreements and related SAP procurement data, and supplier management.
- Works with Procurement Category owners globally to understand supply strategies and agreements and associated implementation and contract management.
- Conducts research and analysis in support of local sourcing plans in the indirect material space. Identifies and documents all cost reduction and improvements.
- Sourcing – Understands the supplier/site strategy developed by the Supply Sectors and executes action plans to achieve the sourcing team’s objectives.
- Liaise with the Supply Sectors to assure site spend is in line with agreed sourcing strategy.
- Assists in evaluating potential suppliers on site specific issues.
- Assists in analyzing stakeholders’ business and evaluates potential savings through supplier consolidation.
- Participates on category teams providing technical support.
- Transactional Process – Within assigned stakeholder and supply sector area, responsible for SAP procurement data integrity/ maintenance of contracts in accordance with grants of authority guidelines. Ensures that purchase agreements are in compliance with master agreements and preferred suppliers.
- Resolves discrepancies through interaction with PtP Service Center, Receiving and Stakeholders.
- Works with MRO Buyers to resolve MRP issues due to source list/ Outline agreement errors.
- Analysis – Conducts data analysis at the local level on suppliers, supply market, cost and price of goods and services that are supplied to our company using available data.
- Continuous Improvement – Keeps abreast of current procurement general knowledge, procedures, and business issues in order to facilitate effective and practical solutions to client requests, concerns, and inquiries.
- Continuously learns new areas of the global procurement supply sectors, its business practices, and issues in order to provide superior support to stakeholders. Continuously work with local stakeholders to understand and validate their needs.
BS in Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field
Required Experience and Skills:
- Two years of Procurement, Buying/Purchasing, or Manufacturing Operations experience
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communications skills and experience in influencing stakeholders at different levels.
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide variety of individuals, including management, stakeholders, team members, other departments and suppliers.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 3 years in Procurement and/ or knowledge of Procurement related business processes.
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience in Pharmaceutical or other Manufacturing industry.
Your role at our company is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement.