Global Network Manager - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a globally distributed team that administers, monitors and maintains continuous and secure operation, design and architecture of the global network and telecommunications infrastructure addressing performance, capacity, stability, and availability. Team is comprised of on-site and off-site employees and contractors and off-site managed service consultants.
- Determine technical requirements based on business needs and work with internal and external resources to develop network solutions to meet and maintain them.
- Strong participation in disaster recovery and business continuity planning to ensure service level targets are met.
- Manage internal and external collaborations and strategic consulting relationships to ensure delivery of contracted services and outcomes.
- Develop and maintain technology roadmaps to address current commitments and future strategic opportunities.
- Participate in development and governance of IT architecture model.
- Provide support, oversight, governance and direction related to the network infrastructure services required to enable the delivery of IT services.
- Support, implement, and promote standard configuration and change management, processes and practices.
- Consult with project and architecture teams to identify when it is necessary to modify infrastructure services and architecture to accommodate project and business needs.
- CCIE or CCNP
- Leading the development and implementation of strategy and change plans that cross multiple information technology functions and an international geography.
- Seasoned leader with strong technology experience including functional and domain knowledge.
- Complex strategic transformation experience, such as globalization, outsourcing and internal IT process re-engineering of ITIL/ITSM processes.
- Management of diverse teams including FTE, managed services, and consultants across geographies.
- Organization change management leadership.
- Broad knowledge of LAN, WAN, voice and video technologies (e.g., routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, SDN, DNS, VoIP and their related traffic patterns).
- Broad knowledge of staple IT technologies (e.g., operating systems, servers, virtualization, storage , software development, and their related impacts as it pertains to network resources).
- Extensive knowledge of data network architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols.
- Experience in migration to cloud technologies for IaaS, PaaS for internal private and external public consumption.
- Excellent customer service skills that promote customer satisfaction for internal and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors).
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise in order to mentor other associates.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
- Team builder who is able to build consensus and provide leadership to a geographically dispersed team.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.