Global Mobility Specialist, Shared Services HR Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Merck Global Mobility Specialist HR Shared Services Analyst will provide support to employees on international assignments. They will process HR transactions in SAP submitted via workbook and email within the established service level agreements with a strong focus on customer care and satisfaction. They are responsible for compliance and audits of the established guidelines for global assignees.
Customers may include employees, Global Mobility, HR Operations, third party vendors, HRBPs, and Payroll, Benefits as well as managers.
Analysts will specialize in Global Mobility policy and processes, and process HtR transactions in SAP for international assignees. This includes collection of data necessary to process HtR transactions and the necessary follow up to ensure that the transactions are processed completely and on time to align with the payroll deadlines and ensure that taxes/accruals are set up appropriately for both expatriate and domestic assignments. They will ensure that allowances are aligned Global Mobility Policy.
More specifically, primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a functional area subject matter expert to oversee the end to end processing of SAP transactions including ensuring that the data flows appropriately to other systems e.g. payroll.
- Create and maintain PO’s and resolve billing inquiries and escalations.
- Participate in industry benchmark surveys.
- Fully utilize HR case management and knowledge management system to obtain resolutions and document/track cases.
- Research and analyze data and information, navigate multiple systems, resources and tools to investigate and provide accurate answers.
- Responsible for compliance and data privacy for all policies and processes and coordinates audits.
- Maintain supporting documents and employee data in internal electronic storage repository e.g. Midas.
- Partner effectively with other HR teams including the Global Mobility CoE and Payroll to ensure that international assignee data is accurate. Support Tax equalization collection activities.
- Cross train in more than one specialty function to ensure back-up support for other team members and other regions.
- Participate in testing of new and enhanced HR applications and Tools to ensure that the unique processes for international assignees are considered.
- Partner proactively with Call Center and transaction analysts to provide guidance and coaching for how to handle an inquiry that involves an international assignee. Identify when additional training or knowledge is needed to prevent escalations.
- Recommend changes or updates to International Assignee processes and solutions that would improve existing processes. Document and communicate Global Mobility process/policy changes.
- Follow standard procedures and practices, Service Level Agreements, Standard Operating Procedures, and meet or exceed operational goals.
- Coordinate annual events such as the compensation planning (TCP) merits and ensuring that the transactions are processed in the appropriate timeframes.
- Format and internal distribution of reports from third party vendor.
- Maintain schedules for the monthly workbooks and plan for the transactions that are associated with the workbooks.
- Participate on special assignments or teams as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum two years of related experience; High School with a minimum of 4 years related work experience, e.g. Human Resources, Global Mobility or customer care.
- Advanced specialized knowledge in one or more areas of concentration e.g. Benefits, HR Tools (SAP, HR, ADP, KBISS, Midas, SharePoint and other proprietary applications) or Payroll.
- Excellent applied judgment and professionalism.
- Exceptional oral and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of integrity and personal ethics in implementing corporate policies and procedures.
- Effective team player with collaborative focus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with ongoing technology and process changes.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adjusting to new ways of working.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with key partner groups.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Shared Services
Job Title:Spclst, Shared Svcs HR
Primary Location: NA-US-NC-Charlotte
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Job Segment: HR, ERP, Developer, SAP, Human Resources, Technology, Research