Global Medical Information Scientist- INFECTIOUS DISEASES Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
US and Global Med Info – INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- Identify relevant scientific information to help develop MI deliverables that meet customer’s needs. Contribute to the creation and maintenance of comprehensive and accurate standard response documents with guidance from GMI P4/P5. Respond to unsolicited professional information requests from healthcare providers in writing and/or verbally with guidance from GMI P4/P5 based on complexity.
Scientific Review of US and Global Promotional Materials – INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- As a member of a cross-functional US and Global Promotional Review Team, collaborate with GMI P4/P5 based on complexity of the review of promotional materials from internal GHH teams and external partners, to help ensure a balanced presentation of scientifically accurate, relevant content that is consistent with all applicable company policies, local regulations, and department SOPs.
Medical Education and Training – INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine educational objective of training materials and identify training gaps. Contribute to the development/creation and delivery of scientific training materials to the MNSC, Sales Representatives, and USMA/OGMA FBEs with guidance from the GMI P4/P5.
- The GMI P3, in collaboration with GMI P4/P5, helps to explain scientific information and works with GMI therapeutic area team to support business needs.
- The GMI P3 makes decisions within guidelines and policies which impact a range of routine client/customer, operational, and project activities.
- The GMI P3, with their advanced scientific background, brings a new perspective to existing problems and helps find solutions.
- The GMI P3, with their advanced scientific background, is a resource within their therapeutic area for the global core functions of Medical information, Promotional Review, Medical Education/Training.
- The GMI P3 aspires and has potential to manage and prioritize the global core functions of Medical Information, Promotional Review, and Medical Education/Training to meet internal/external customer needs.
- D degree with 0-3 years Med Info experience.
- MS degree in Life Science with 0-5 years Med Info experience.
- BS degree in pharmacy, nursing, or life science with 0-6 years Med Info experience.
- Deep experience in Medical Information and in Therapeutic Area, as outlined above.
- Master’s Degree or higher.
- Therapeutic Area experience with Infectious Diseases, especially Vaccines OR Antibiotics/HIV.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Medical Affairs Generic
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Medical Affairs
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Scientific, Scientist, HIV AIDS, Pharmacy, Healthcare, Engineering, Science