The Global Mechanical CAD lead is responsible for driving Design for Excellence initiatives associated with PKI’s Engineering CAD tools across the DAS organization. This role will focus on the identification, development and implementation of engineering/ design standards, processes, procedures, best practices and guidelines across the global R&D organization allowing for a unified approach throughout the product development cycle.
- Mechanical CAD Administration with close corporation with Network administration and document control.
- Development and Facilitation of global PKI forums to drive the sharing and ease of access to Mechanical CAD and engineering standards, best practices, guidelines, CAD component/ part model libraries.
- Engagement in businesses acquisition data migrations and systems integrations
- Focused effort on the development of common platforms, tools and standard parts
- Software evaluations, updates and training (Future vision and interoperability (CAD + PDM)
- Development of relevant training courses to drive awareness and build expertise in PKI’s engineering standards, processes, and guidelines utilizing the Learning Management System.
- Development, implementation and scheduling of domain related training for appropriate personnel.
- Development and implementation of Global DfX initiatives, involving the participation in NPI design reviews to facilitate/ monitor the cross functional engagement and deployment of DFX guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering-related discipline with 7 – 15 years of related professional experience in a high technology environment.
- Master’s degree with 3 – 5 years of experience,
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team orientation
- Individual must be exceptional Solidworks user with ongoing training and external user community relationships Solidworks certification a plus
- Experience pluses: SQL and databases, CAD: OrCAD, Altium, ProE/Creo, Solidworks, CAD data management: Intralink, SolidWorks ePDM, Fundamentals of machining, printed circuit board design and associated technologies.
- Limited global site travel required.