This job is currently Archived,
Global Marketing Manager of Manufacturing Solutions - United States
Posted on : 25 June 2017
Job Description :
- Maximize the worldwide commercial success and competitiveness of the Manufacturing Solutions by formulating and executing marketing strategies that result in company Informatics becoming the Clear 1st Choice for informatics products and services globally.
- The Global Marketing lead for Manufacturing Solutions develops a robust market-based Positioning, Business & Strategic Plan for the product’s success through concrete and executable plans for each of the 4Ps of marketing:
- Promotions (content marketing, marketing mix, messaging, press releases)
- Pricing (guidelines that enable the long-term success of “on premise” and cloud/SaaS products)
- Place (determination of direct, value-added reseller and digital marketing channels)
- Product (long-term product roadmap investments and gaps to success)
- Successful Global Marketing leaders exemplify Commitment to Customers, Action Orientation and Results Focus (near term and multi-year) and demonstrate commitment to Entrepreneurial spirit and Teamwork with the highest standards of Ethics & Integrity.
- Formulate and drive the market-based Positioning/Business Plan for through systematic assessment of market needs via formal and informal primary and secondary market research
- Co-lead the evangelization of strategically-important new customers and thought leaders (e.g.., associations) regarding the value of in collaboration with the Business Segment Leader
- Promotional content and strategy, including:
- Lead content development and messaging in collaboration with Marketing Communications and Regions / Field Application Scientists
- Develop customer-facing analytical models (e.g., Total Cost of Ownership, benefits vs customers)
- Lead development and deployment of training for sales representatives and value-added resellers in tight collaboration with Regions / Field Application support staff
- Target promotion by customer segment, sub-industry, size/growth, application focus, and requirements
- Ensure consistent, multi-channel alignment of messaging
- Pricing guidelines that enable the long-term success and investment in consistent with positioning and investment/profitability requirements.
- Place (commercial channels):
- Determine the mix and scope of direct sales (Regions), value-added reseller and digital marketing channels for the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Strategic Plan timeframe (+3 years)
- Ensure that all channels receive the appropriate level of training and promotional content to ensure near-term and long-term commercial success
- Product portfolio analysis and product development interactions:
- Develop the investment road map for the related to the overall strategy and positioning of the for company Informatics.
- Investment road map would include organic investment (New Product Introductions, Product Updates, critical Service Packages), inorganic investment (acquisitions, equity investments) to evolve the product/service line consistent with the Strategic Plan
- Prioritization of the current/unmet needs of the marketplace and direct/indirect competitors over the Strategic Plan time frame
- Work closely with the Platform Product Manager and in close collaboration with the platform partners
Job Requirements :
- Graduate degree (e.g., BS scientific or computer science discipline with MBA)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in using or deploying enterprise software solutions in life sciences
- Substantial expertise in analytics within a life science industry setting (R&D, manufacturing, commercial)
- Demonstrated success formulating and executing software marketing strategies resulting in commercial growth
- Demonstrated success in scaling and deploying new customer-focused services, solutions or software
- Effective leadership with strong demonstration of behaviors in Commitment to Customers, Action Orientation and Results Focus
- Solid understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
- Proven experience with manufacturing and supply chain analytics and IT
- Experience with and knowledge of industry standard technologies like OSI PI, SIMCA, and SAP
- Familiarity with GMP, compliance, and auditing requirements
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with effective presentation
- Up to 50% travel may be required with 30% being steady state.