Global Marketing Manager of ChemDraw - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Global Marketing lead for ChemDraw/ChemOffice product line develops a robust market-based Positioning, Business & Strategic Plan for the product’s success through concrete and executable plans for each of the 4Ps of marketing:
- Promotions (content marketing, marketing mix, messaging, press releases)
- Pricing (guidelines that enable the long-term success of “on premise” and cloud/SaaS products)
- Place (determination of direct, value-added reseller and digital marketing channels)
- Product (long-term product roadmap investments and gaps to success)
Successful Global Marketing leaders exemplify Commitment to Customers, Action Orientation and Results Focus (near term and multi-year) and demonstrate commitment to Entrepreneurial spirit and Teamwork with the highest standards of Ethics & Integrity.
- Formulate and drive the market-based Positioning/Business Plan for ChemDraw/ChemOffice product line through systematic assessment of market needs via formal and informal primary and secondary market research
- Co-lead the evangelization of strategically-important new customers and thought leaders (e.g.., associations) regarding the value of ChemDraw/ChemOffice product line in collaboration with the Business Segment Leader
- Promotional content and strategy, including:
- Lead content development and messaging in collaboration with Marketing Communications and Regions / Field Application Scientists
- Develop customer-facing analytical models (e.g., Total Cost of Ownership, benefits vs customers)
- Lead development and deployment of training for sales representatives and value-added resellers in tight collaboration with Regions / Field Application support staff
- Targetpromotion by customer segment, sub-industry, size/growth, application focus, and requirements
- Ensure consistent, multi-channel alignment of messaging
- Pricing guidelines that enable the long-term success and investment ChemDraw/ChemOffice product lineconsistent with ChemDraw/ChemOffice product linepositioning and investment/profitability requirements.
- Place (commercial channels):
- Determine the mix and scope of direct sales (Regions), value-added reseller and digital marketing channels for the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Strategic Plan timeframe (+3 years)
- Ensure that all channels receive the appropriate level of training and promotional content to ensure near-term and long-term commercial success
- Product portfolio analysis and product development interactions:
- Develop the investment roadmap for the ChemDraw/ChemOffice product linerelated to the overall strategy and positioning of the ChemDraw/ChemOffice product line for PerkinElmer™ Informatics.Investment roadmap would include organic investment (New Product Introductions, critical Service Packages), inorganic investment (acquisitions, equity investments) to evolve the product/service line consistent with the Strategic Plan
- Prioritization of the current/unmet needs of the marketplace and direct/indirect competitors over the Strategic Plan timeframe
- Work closely with, or act as (in absence of ChemDraw/ChemOffice product lineProduct Manager), “product owner” in close collaboration with R&D
- Graduate degree (e.g., Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in using or deploying enterprise software solutions in life sciences
- Substantial expertise in analytics within a life science industry setting (R&D, manufacturing, commercial)
- Demonstrated success formulating and executing software marketing strategies resulting in commercial growth
- Demonstrated success in scaling and deploying new customer-focused services, solutions or software
- Effective leadership with strong demonstration of behaviors in Commitment to Customers, Action Orientation and Results Focus (http://www.perkinelmer.com/corporate/company/about-us/core-values.html)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with effective presentation
- Up to 50% travel may be required with 30% being steady state.
PerkinElmer provides competitive compensation plans / Top notch training and development / Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / generous tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match and immediate vesting / An environment that fosters career growth.