Global Marketing Manager, Automotive - Specialty Polymers
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
With over 1,500 products, Specialty Polymers offers the widest range of high performance polymers in the world, allowing tailor-made solutions such as pushing the limits of metal replacement in the electronics, automotive, aircraft and healthcare industries. The GBU has unparalleled expertise in three technologies: aromatic polymers, high barrier polymers and fluoropolymers.
The Global Marketing Manager Automotive is ultimately responsible for developing a strong pipeline of growth programs in order to eventually generate leads for the Sales or Business Development organization. Success will be measured on the size and quality of the identified growth programs as well as the Development Pool generated by the programs. The position holder will report to Global Business Development Manager of the market.
Develop pipeline of Marketing Growth Programs (min 80% of the time)
• Synthesize market data from multiple sources to form strong market understanding and anticipate game changing trends that can generate large opportunities for Solvay Specialty Polymers (SpP).
• Identify and prioritize Marketing Growth Programs based on market attractiveness and SpP’s unique value proposition.
• For all identified Growth Programs drive full Marketing Process: 1) Market Assessment and Fact Book building, 2) Validation and sizing of the opportunity, and 3) Launch Plan for Market Entry, incl. Marketing Mix
• Drive stakeholder buy-in through each milestone of the Marketing Process with Business Lines, R&D, Regional Sales Force, Regional Business Development teams, Communications
Monitor trends and provide Marketing support to Core Business (max 20% of the time)
• Monitor and communicate global competitive trends in the market with the main purpose of creating new growth opportunities.
• Work with Product Managers (PMs) for global coordination of pricing activity.
• Develop and maintain appropriate sales and marketing support tools.
• Drive content and execution for digital marketing campaigns where relevant to support growth programs.