Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics, Promotion & Campaign Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are currently recruiting for a Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics, Promotion & Campaigns within Oncology Global Marketing. The Global Marketing Director will lead the promotional marketing efforts within biomarker & diagnostics for our immune-oncology portfolio, hereunder pembrolizumab (Keytruda). Keytruda is currently being studied in multiple cancer indications, many of which will be launched over the next few years. The Global Marketing Director will work across indications and with all parts of our organization and diagnostic partners.
The Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics, Promotion & Campaigns is a key member of the Global Oncology Marketing Team for Keytruda responsible for generating strategies and tactics for promotional efforts to facilitating and enabling the implementation, adoption and use of biomarkers and diagnostics for Keytruda. The role will have an initial focus on PD-L1 IHC for NSCLC and will quickly broadening to other indications and other diagnostic technologies. The role will further be responsible for leading and implementing the generation of global biomarker messaging, positioning and campaigns relevant to Keytruda biomarkers and diagnostics across several indications in close collaboration with the individual tumor teams and diagnostic partners.
The position will require a solid understanding of the role of biomarkers & diagnostics in personalized medicine as well as documented skills in defining and executing commercialization plans for different types of diagnostic assays and tests. Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate across the organization, hereunder with other functional areas and regional/local diagnostic leads will be essential. Prove ability to work with many areas of marketing management including strategy development, diagnostic commercialization knowledge, market research, segmentation, competitive dynamics, and issues management in a highly complex and dynamic environment is a must.
The candidate will need to have strong business acumen and a demonstrated ability to understand and manage key levers that drive growth and profitability.
The position will be based in Kenilworth, NJ and will report to the Executive Director – Global Commercial Biomarker Strategy Lead.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners including molecular companion diagnostics, research & development, Medical Affairs, alliance management, market access, finance, corporate strategy, market analytics, regulatory affairs, communications/public affairs, BD&L, health economics & outcomes research, international and domestic operations, legal, etc. to successfully navigate the internal and external environments and deliver value to our customers.
- Provides commercial leadership on such activities including long & short range business planning, product development teams, portfolio valuations, joint steering committees, laboratory developed testing, summit meetings, operating budget, scope of work, companion diagnostic global filing strategic plan, global reimbursement strategic plan, launch readiness reviews, global organized customer interactions, market research, demand/forecasting, BD&L activities, and agency partner management.
- Provides leadership, support, and expertise to country marketing and sales organizations as well as distribution channels for the product line.
- Required: MSc
- Preferred: MSc, MBA
- Oncology Marketing experience
- Pharmaceutical & Diagnostics marketing experience
- Significant & demonstrated commercial leadership in marketplace assessment, development of disease state and product strategy, long & short range business planning, promotional execution
- Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Collaboration with business partners, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- 25% Travel, including some weekends
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Global Marketing ONC
Job Title:Dir, Global Marketing
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Cokesbury
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Medical, Oncology, Manager, Law, Healthcare, Management, Marketing, Legal