This job is currently Archived,
Global Market Access Lead, New Products in Speciality Pharma Zürich Switzerland,
Posted on : 20 February 2017
- With around 29,000 people working in approx. 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health.
- Our company is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure.
- We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy.
- By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential.
- We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
- We are looking for strong candidates for the positions as Global Market Access Lead, New Products in Speciality Pharma.
- This individual must develop and support implementation of global product strategies to secure/maintain access at optimal prices.
- This individual must work with collaborators in clinical development, marketing, outcomes research as well as individual regional and local access organizations.
Your responsibilities are
- For the pipeline products work closely with Global Product Teams, partner with Global Commercial and R&D colleagues to understand strategic asset imperatives and develop access objectives.
- Drive development of a product Value Proposition for Payers.
- Lead Global Product Access Team and ensure alignment with Global Brand Strategy as well as Global Access Plan.
- Anticipate changing payer landscape by building and maintaining robust knowledge of key market trends .
- Conduct payer research as needed to address specific access issues for product.
- Collaborate proactively with key customers (payers and HTAs), in understanding payer perceptions, engaging in discussions of pipeline evidence generation plans, and fostering collaborative relationships.
- Ensure pricing and contracting strategies are aligned with the overall access strategy and evaluate pricing alternatives such as risk-share agreements.
- Partner with Medical and Outcomes Research to ensure that the Health Economics evidence generation plan is aligned with the overall access strategy.
- Develop and support implementation of product access strategy and integrate this into overall brand plan
- Integrate pricing and contracting, reimbursement, health economics, and HTA and payment policy to inform strategic planning.
- Coordinate access planning with other internal stakeholders, including Medical, Marketing, Regional Access and Government Affairs.
- Develop value communication strategies including value messages and support local adaptation of value story.
- Identify region-specific needs that must be incorporated into global strategy.
- Partner with Regional/Local Access Product Lead in developing key regional tools and materials to support implementation of product strategy.
- Develop global reimbursement/pricing negotiation strategies and mitigation plans.
- Develop an engagement strategy with key payers.
Your deliverables include:
- Product Access Situational Analysis: Snapshot of price/reimbursement/value planning assumptions including evolving payer landscape, product value proposition, and competitive dynamics
- Payer Insights: Primary and secondary research with payers in targeted countries to understand value perception of our products and to answer specific questions needed to refine access strategies. Includes:
- Profile landscape to identify evolving trends.
- Identify value drivers and understand payer decision-making.
- Test perceived value of company product profiles and test value message communication.
- Product Value and Access Plans: Value and Access strategy that integrates brand plan and details a global roadmap for achieving/maintaining access and demonstrating and communicating value.
- Value Messages: Tools to support communication with external stakeholders including national and regional access decision-makers and value-based contracting
What you should bring
- 7+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry, advanced degree (MS, MA, MBA or Doctorate) or business qualification.
- Strong understanding of global payer environment, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, formulary management, health technology assessment, HTA and payment policy. CNS & Immunology therapeutic experience desirable.
- Ability to represent all Access functions in development and implementation of product strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross-functional team, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and succeed in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to conduct landscape analysis of external pricing and reimbursement environment and to synthesize relevant information to develop strategic plans.
- Ability to develop and test global and regional-specific value messages.
- Ability to develop tools that will support the regions in product value demonstration and communication.
- Excellent communication skills, strong oral/written presentation skills.
- Direct payer experience and/or experience in product commercialization desirable.
- Prior regional or global experience strongly preferred.
- Strategic planning and health policy experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of strategic pricing and contracting, including innovative approaches such as risk-sharing deals.
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies in order to understand implications for payers
- Creates the environment that inspires and enables people to move the organization forward
- Ability to connect and inspire/lead different levels of organization
- Building of strong win/win partnerships across functions and countries
- Demonstrates strategic enterprise thinking
- Recognizes relationships within the organization with a clear sense of organizational impact
- Ability to engage with diverse stakeholders and manage their expectations
- Delivers superior results and elevate capabilities of the organization for now and for the future
- Establishes networks and processes to get permanent actionable insights on business
- Questions status quo
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
- All applicants must hold a Swiss Work Permit or an EU Passport
Find a Job Find Candidates