Global Lead Automation Engineer - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- With around 30,000 people working in approximately 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health.
- Our company is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure.
- We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy.
- By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential.
- We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
- We are looking for a strong candidate for the position of a Global Lead Automation Engineer.
- The incumbent in this role will ensure that company's automation strategy, new innovations, standards, guidelines, processes and best practices are fully and effectively implanted and used in all parts of the region and that all automation and engineering staff has the capability, training and behaviors to effectively execute all engineering tasks needed.
- The incumbent will channel all automation communications in all regions and ensures an effective collaboration between all parts of automation.
- The automation engineer is involved in IS/IT interfaces and engineering topics locally and globally.
- All automation and engineering heads on sites will report to the local organisation.
- Develop global automation/engineering standard processes, policies, procedures and implement a common automation standard on a global level starting from the line/machine level up to the MES level.
- Act as the main contact to IS/IT organization and to collaborate in joint global projects.
- Define the scope of automation projects (define the system architecture, specify the physical hardware and exchange of information)
- Lead the automation part for major CAPEX investment projects related to UPI, BMS (Building Management System), EMS (Environmental Management System), PCS (Process Control System), MES (Manufacturing Execution System) and to ensure to deliver the right design, project execution and technical quality (state-of-the-art, Best Practice) in close cooperation with production and quality units.
- Show successes in optimizing costs and driving automation projects by auditing and reviewing critical projects.
- Follow up the CAPEX planning (automation site master plan / regional master plan)
- Optimization of existing processes (OEE improvement) together with the operational team
- Develop a life cycle strategy and guarantee the data integrity of all implemented systems
- Build up an expert team across the sites with SME (subject matter experts) & developing CoP (Community of Practices) by setting the right targets
- Technology scouting and developing an automation strategy (Vision 2025) and road-map (industry 4.0/internet of things, PAT technology, QbD, Robotics, digital environment)
- Lessons learned, best practices, best practice networks
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of company overall automation system strategy, current and emerging solutions
- Lead engineering for automation projects – to manage teams of engineering across different disciplines of Software, Hardware, Documentation and Validation
- Good business understanding and the drive to implement a structured, lean project management and execution processes
- To identify automation capabilities, find and develop engineering talent, drive a continuous enhancement of strong PM professionals ensuring a continuous development of talented leaders into the larger company community
- Proven knowledge of best practice and state-of-the-art automation
- Extended interdisciplinary technical knowledge
- Ability to challenge projects and / or technical solutions
- University degree in Industrial / Electrical / Automation / Process Engineering or equivalent
- Possess solid knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle in a highly regulated environment with at least 8+ years of automation experience, preferable in the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge on how to identify automation capabilities to drive a continuous enhancement of strong project manager professionals ensuring a continuous development of talented leaders into the larger company community
- Experience with the Programmable Logic Controller (PLCs) on Packaging Equipment and process logic preferred
- Experienced in working with internal and external project teams
- In-depth knowledge of automation and pharmaceutical processes and regulatory requirements (Eudralex Annex 11, 21 CFR Part 11) and guidelines and standards (GAMP 5)
- Extended GxP and EHS experience and knowledge of industry standards, guidelines and processes
- Experience with CSV (Computer System Validation)
- Fluent in English (Spoken and written) Other European Languages beneficial
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 50% of the time
- All applicants must hold a Swiss Work Permit or an EU passport