Global IT Finance - Record to Report (SAP FICO) - Belgium
This IT position partners with the Global Finance department to orchestrate the end-to-end Finance Record-to-Report domain, in order to ensure efficient and accurate financial & controlling processes across our entities.
- Record-to-Report (R2R)
- General Ledger Accounting
- Treasury & Cash Management
- Financial & Management Reporting related to these processes
One of the main goals is to achieve operational efficiency through global, standardized & streamlined solutions in order to support our Finance department strategy of :
- Moving from “tasks” to “value-driven” activities,
- Generating timely & accurate financial figures , enabling an agile reallocation of resources whenever needed
Related to the scope, the most important solution is SAP – Finance, Controlling and Treasury Mgt, deployed in all our affiliates across the world and for which a functional and technical expertise is required.
Business relationship and stakeholder management are key to achieve another goal, which is customer (and ultimately patient) satisfaction.
Knowledge of the outside world, market trends, best practices, solutions used by peers,... in short curiosity, innovation and creativity are fundamental to create business value.
Accountabilities of the person in the IT Finance Record-to-Report role are :
- Align and communicate with the relevant stakeholders:
- Discuss business requirements on a global and local level with process owners and key users, mainly from the Global Business Services (GBS) team, as well as from the CFO teams of the new Patient Value Structure.
- Build, implement & support standardized and globalized solutions, mainly using SAP Finance & Controlling modules
- Deliver projects in close collaboration with all parties involved (business and IT, internal and external partners), following our IT project methodology
- Follow market trends and industry best practices with the aim of sharing the acquired knowledge inside our company and of applying it to propose innovative solutions.
- Ensure compliance of the solutions to global process and legal requirements, follow validation guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Actively take part in the implementation of the IT strategy
Expected skills & experience
- Master Degree in a relevant field
- Young Talent with high potential for further development & evolution
- 5+ years of experience in SAP Finance & Controlling
- Experience with SAP Cash & Bank and SAP Treasury Mgt modules
- Experience with reporting capabilities related to these SAP modules
- Project management expertise
- Experience of working in an international, global context
- Experience in managing relationships with business partners and external IT service partners
- Experience in SAP BW and/or Cognos BI is considered a plus
- Showing interest in the “trends of the new IT world” (Digital, Analytics, Big Data, Mobile Apps,…)
- Showing interest in the Pharma sector and in improving the life of patients living with severe diseases
- Fluent English
- Be engaged to impact patients' lives
- Be accountable for the scope of accounting & finance partnerships in IT Finance
- Have an open, positive attitude
- Be a team player across different teams and different levels of the organization
- Be agile by being able to perform at operational and tactical level
- Bring a fresh view... bring the outside world into our organization
- Embrace diversity
- Come up with creative and innovative ideas for IT solutions that create value for the patients
- Be ready to challenge and be challenged
Job Segment: Financial, SAP, ERP, Bank, Banking, Finance, Technology