Global Head, Biologics Drug Product Development Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck strives to be a leader in the discovery, development and commercialization of Biotherapeutics and Vaccines. The Biologics & Vaccines Organization within Merck Research Laboratories is focused on:
- Building an innovative and robust biologics and vaccine pipeline through cross disease area collaborations and external partnerships
- Advancing biologics and vaccine programs rapidly through clinical development to commercialization
- Supporting in-line biologics and vaccines development and life-cycle-management
- Developing enabling technologies for biologics and vaccine discovery, development, commercialization and life-cycle-management
We are seeking a talented and experienced individual to lead the Biologics Drug Product Organization. This person will report directly to Senior Vice President, Biologics & Vaccines, and will interact regularly with senior management at Merck Research Laboratories, Merck Manufacturing Division and Global Human Health. Key Responsibilities include:
- Leads the Biologics Drug Product Development organization and provides scientific and strategic leadership for candidate design, selection, developability assessment; formulation development; device assessment; pilot plant operations and CMO management for Phase I/II/III IND/IMPD, BLA/MAA and life-cycle management support
- Partners with Discovery and Manufacturing to define critical attributes and appropriate control strategies for clinical and commercial supplies
- Networks with academic, industry and regulatory agency thought leaders and leads the new technology development and implementation for late-stage discovery, process development and manufacturing, and worldwide health authority approval
- Improves staff scientific capability, organization structure, infrastructure and systems to efficiently support Merck’s fast growing biologics pipeline
- Develops talents and staff to work effectively in cross-functional teams and with external partners/services providers
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PhD preferred
- 15+ years of relevant experience, preferably in biotech and/or large pharma
- Prior knowledge in biologics late-stage discovery, development, commercialization and life-cycle management strongly preferred
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Biologics, Vaccines, Analytical Formulat
Job Title:Exec. Dir, Bio & Vacc Formul
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Product Development, Biotech, Law, Scientist, Research, Science, Legal