Global Environmental Competency Leader - United States
- Provides strategic management and direction to the monitoring and audit of analytical, implementation support, and consulting services to line management.
- Key contributor to strategy development. Ensure company meets corporate governance and regulatory needs.
- Oversees development of systems and programs.
- Organizes key networks and ensures all specialized environmental competency networks are staffed and functioning in an efficient manner.
- Supports mergers and acquisitions implementation plans.
- Willingness to travel globally and flexibility to be available to communicate across multiple time zones as needed.
- There is flexibility on location for this role within the U.S.
- Direct Management of US Competency Of Excellence (COE) resources, functional guidance for all globally deployed resources, and leadership of the global environmental network in supporting company sites and businesses
- Ensure that systems are established and implemented to enable understanding of compliance requirements for sites and businesses.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with US environmental regulations as well as environmental technology is required.
- Provide a vision and guidance on environmental footprint goals, action plans, and performance at operating sites and ensure that systems are in place and effective for collecting, analyzing and reporting this data to key stakeholders to ensure corporate sustainable development.
- Internal and external networking with trade associations as well as businesses, sites, and other functions on tools and approaches for footprint reductions, compliance, etc., and be effective in shaping policy, best practices and standards both in the company and outside the company
- Define and implement the environmental risk model to manage, lead, define and carry out 2nd Party Audits and other risk treatment needs and work with the team to analyze results to drive continual improvement
- Work with Systems Managers to maintain and continually improve Corporate Environmental Management Systems under ISO 14001 and company Environmental Standards.
- Support long-range environmental planning whether at site level, or business/region/corporate level which may include policy, philosophy, principle, or concept development.
- BS or MS in Engineering or Science with at least 10 years of combined Operations and Safety Health Environmental Leadership Experience
- Strong leadership and people management and development skills in a global environment
- Strong Environmental competency and technology knowledge but with demonstrated operational expertise
- Experience and working knowledge of environmental regulations, particularly in the United States
- Networking, influence, and conflict skills with strong focus on deliverables
- Excellent oral and written skills along with the ability to apply these in the regulatory, advocacy and public affairs culture
- Training in Environmental Regulations; particularly United States regulations