This job is currently Archived,
Global Engineering Intern - Ireland
Posted on : 25 April 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders.
- Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, to treat patients.
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.
- To assist the Validation Team to prepare the necessary documentation and monitor progress for technical projects across the organization.
- The incumbent will be a contributor in supporting the execution of the company’s plans and maintaining the company’s position as a knowledge leader in the bio pharma industry.
- Document coordinator support for Phase 1 and Sustaining Project support
- Developing a playbook (per system) listing the qualification documents generated during system qualification lifecycle
- Developing the ADMF Sustaining Projects SharePoint site
- Maintaining hardcopy records in Document control archive, including reconciliation of Document tracker.
- Developing library of softcopy versions of all Validation documents
- Maintaining / Updating the Training Matrix for Validation / Automated Teams
- Supporting closeout of TrackWise actions for Validation team
- Coordinating a Validation dashboard update for site management / leadership
- Supporting the close-out of the CCC (Care, Custody, Control) forms for qualified systems / equipment
- Completing minor updates on SOPs e.g. from periodic reviews of procedures
- Provide support in areas of commissioning and operation of mechanical, process, electrical, automation equipment and systems and performance test protocols.
- Prepare technical operating procedures.
- Participate in feasibility studies for proposed equipment, systems or processes.
- Coordinate and meet with project teams to discuss requirements and constraint issues.
- Coordinate and conduct task reviews to ensure alignment with technical requirements and specifications.
- Prepare preliminary project reports and update daily activities for management review.
- Maintain current records for each project.
- Report / present out on project updates as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required Performing the Job:
- Engineering or Science based Degree.
- Basic knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of engineering.
- Basic Project management and organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, interpret technical documents.
- Junior level standing or higher in Engineering / Science course work leading to an Engineering / Science degree from an accredited xx-year college or university.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks and complete work on schedule with minimal supervision.
- Eagerness to learn and accept challenges
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)