Global Electrical CAD Lead - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Global Electrical CAD lead is responsible for driving Design for Excellence initiatives associated with PKI’s Engineering tools across the DAS organization. This role will focus on the identification, development and implementation of electrical CAD and engineering/ design standards, processes, procedures, best practices and guidelines across the global R&D organization allowing for a unified approach throughout the product development cycle.
- Electrical CAD Administration with close corporation with network administration and document control.
- Development and facilitation of global forums to drive the sharing of Electrical CAD engineering standards, best practices, guidelines and component/ part libraries. (including, schematics, PCBA’s, harnesses, cables, diagrams)
- Engagement in businesses acquisition data migrations and systems integrations
- Focused effort on the development of common platforms, tools and standard parts
- Software evaluations, updates and training (Future vision and interoperability (CAD + PDM)
- Development and implementation of Global DfX initiatives, involving the participation in NPI design reviews to facilitate/ monitor the cross functional engagement and deployment of DFX guidelines.
- Electrical CAD designs lifecycle management.
- Development of relevant training courses to drive awareness and build expertise in PKI’s engineering standards, processes, and guidelines utilizing the Learning Management System.
- Development, implementation and scheduling of domain related training for appropriate personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering-related discipline with 7 – 15 years of related professional experience in a high technology environment.
- Master’s degree with 3 – 5 years of experience,
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team orientation
- Individual must be exceptional Altium user with ongoing training and external user community relationships
- Experience pluses: SQL and databases, CAD: OrCAD, Altium, ProE/Creo, Solidworks, CAD data management: Intralink, SolidWorks ePDM, Fundamentals of machining, printed circuit board design (Schematics, PCBA’s, Harnesses, Cables, diagrams) and associated technologies.
- Limited global site travel required.