Global Director, Workplace Strategy Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Global Real Estate Services is seeking a Global Workplace Strategy Director to lead the development of innovative workplace solutions across the global Merck portfolio which enables business strategies that yield real value to our customers and business. The Global Workplace Strategy Director will lead the design and implementation of workplace strategies that efficiently use the organization’s assets and can adapt to meet future needs. This role will acts as the subject matter expert for workplace strategy globally and is responsible for establishing key relationships with manufacturers and other industry workplace experts. Merck is making significant investments into our workplace and the integration of innovative space, technology and service solutions are critical to retaining and attracting the best talent to our organization. To achieve this objective, the Global Director of Workplace Strategy will work with our global, regional and local businesses, human resource, information technology and facilities management leadership to create new approaches to the workplace.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in architecture or design, workplace design, business strategy, real estate, engineering or another relevant field
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience with an outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating leading, human-centered workplace design capabilities across a diverse range of projects with a working knowledge of sustainability, wellbeing and workplace technology requirements
- Bring a passion about the value of advanced workplace strategies and its impact on real estate solutions and employee productivity and possess a deep knowledge of workplace research and Industry trends, workplace technologies, and space planning
- Ability to work with global clients and lead geographically diverse teams, in a multi-site and multi-function environment with the complexities of meeting the diverse needs of multiple business lines.
- Ability to lead through influence and be a proactive partner with a strong customer service orientation who builds relationships by building trust.
- Ability to influence positive workplace change through engagement with senior leadership and key business contacts; partner with other corporate services groups on shared initiatives
- Strong executive level presentation and written skills and public speaking.
- Provide strong networking abilities and established reputation (particularly regarding workplace strategies) within the corporate real estate industry
- Possess strong analytical, creative problem solving and project management skills and the ability to driving projects to results
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in relevant field or an MBA
- Experience with Change Management Methodologies
- Understanding of commercial real estate utilization and space planning models
- NCIDQ/CID Certification
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Working knowledge of “Design Thinking” concepts
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Real Estate/Property Mgmnt
Job Title:Dir, Real Estate
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-United States
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Real Estate, Project Manager, Management, Engineering, Sales, Strategy, Technology