Global Demand & Fulfillment Process Lead Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Process Lead for Demand & Fulfillment Management position works within Merck’s Supply Chain Management Center of Excellence (COE) Organization, which has responsibility to manage the design, build, implementation and sustainment of the Global Operating Model (GOM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Supply Chain solutions.
The Process Steward owns the Demand & Fulfillment Planning part of the Global Operating Model and must exhibit expertise in the areas of Forecasting, Demand Planning and Demand Management. The Process Steward must also have knowledge of Supply Planning, Integrated Business Planning (S&OP) and Business Analytics.
The Process Steward will lead Demand Planning & Management business process development and the application of the Global Operating Model with the capability to implement new processes in a variety of Mature & Emerging Markets across the Merck Organization. The Steward will manage this through a group of direct reports and the regional stewards that are active in the Supply Hub and Sites.
Owns the Demand Planning Community of Practice and will use this community to sustain and drive continuous improvement as well as keep close contact with dynamic business requirements and utilizes this information to adjust the Operating Model to reflect the Best in Class thinking both within and outside of Merck/MSD
He/ She will be able to work across various Merck Organizations (Human Health, Vaccines, Manufacturing Division) to implement new processes and technology and manage the relationship between functional and technical resources, manage the gap analysis to global standards. Perform system unit and integration testing, Support Go-Live Deployments and Post Go-Live support. Have expert knowledge of Supply Chain supporting technology, in particular SAP and Rapid Response.
The Process Steward will also have a strong understanding of Master Data and Third Party Relationships. The Process Steward will be able to demonstrate experience in Demand Planning, Demand Management and Integrated Business Planning management from a business perspective
Work with the business functions to address requirements and provide business solutions and supporting technical system solutions. The Process Steward will be a strong team player with leadership, interpersonal, presentation skills and communication skills. The Process Steward must have excellent problem resolution skills with ability to work under pressure in a highly visible role and be a respected partner of the Business Leaders as well as the functional supporting areas.
The Global Demand Planning Process Steward will manage the activities of the Demand Management Process Steward - Emerging Markets and Mature Markets who will report directly to this position
The Process Lead will at a minimum:
- Owner of the Demand Planning Global Operating Model
- Ensure that our Demand Planning & Forecasting Business and System processes are Benchmark/Best in Class versus outside standards
- Lead the team of Demand Planning Process Stewards assigned to the COE.
- Responsible for the Cross Functional Planning Community of
- Practice build out of regional, market and Hub Subject Matter Experts and provide guidance and framework and at the same time utilize this forum for continued feedback
- Lead the identification of opportunities to standardize business processes and system configuration globally and ensure compliance to these standards. Identify and execute opportunities to improve existing business processes
- Support the global deployment of Planning systems within the corporation and monitor process compliance and performance metrics
- Collaborate with representatives of other functions to ensure end to end process integration and consistency
- Lead the development, prototyping and implementation of solution improvements to increase stability, usability and functionality to enable end users to meet business objectives
- After implementations, lead and support project initiatives to expand the usage of the enterprise solution to improve processes in commercial operations and across the supply network
- Lead business readiness and execution of defined deployment plans to ensure resource alignment, communicate status, escalate issues, and continuous process improvement.
- Prepare and maintain training materials and train and transfer knowledge to other team members, users and stakeholders as required
- Bachelor Degree or greater in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics, or other relevant field
- A Minimum of 7 years functional experience in Demand Planning or relevant field of expertise with significant exposure to Commercial operations.
- 5 years of working with SAP APO, ECC.
- Experience with Rapid Response or relevant other DRP is a plus
- Proven know how in Business Analytics, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Word, MS Power Point,
- Direct hands on experience with Demand Planning Systems, Supply Chain Systems deployments, hyper care and sustainment
- Subject Matter expertise in the areas of Forecasting, Demand Planning and Management, End to End Network Planning, Inventory Management, Value Chain Management and strong analytic skills
- Exhibit strong relationship building skills and have the ability to effectively interact with cross functional teams and influence them through a business focused approach
- Strong team-player with leadership, interpersonal, presentation skills and communication skills;
- Excellent problem resolution skills with ability to work under pressure in a highly visible role;
- Proven Track record of implementing complicated Supply Chain Planning processes and continuous improvement initiatives (Project/Program Management) as well have a strong understanding of Master Data and its important place in today’s processes and systems;
- Related experience in the areas of Commercial Third Party Management as well as S&OP/IBP is a strong plus
- Strong Preference for prior Market or Regional Demand and Forecasting Planning or
- Process Steward/ Super User expertise
- Proven ability to quickly learn existing Business Processes and combine knowledge from multiple disciplines (Internal capability, Standard industry best practice) in order to produce an optimal business solution
- Experience in life sciences / pharmaceuticals industry preferred
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Supply Chain Dev&Optimization
Job Title:Dir, Supply Chain Management
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point, NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd, NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth, NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Fulfillment, ERP, Program Manager, Engineer, Logistics, Operations, Technology, Management, Engineering