Global Change Control Lead (Assoc. Dir) – Global Technical Operations Shared Services Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Global Technical Operations - Shared Services is seeking an interested candidate to lead a team focused on supporting the proper and timely processing of technical changes from our external manufacturing partners and suppliers. Interested candidates must be capable of providing boundaryless application of leadership skills for project management and global change management while staying aligned with changing requirements and continuously identifying and improving the support to our customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading, managing and developing a team responsible for providing change control processing and stewardship to external manufacturing and small molecule supplier change controls that impact multiple site/products.
- Leading a Change Control Center of Excellence focused on sharing best practices for managing external manufacturing and supplier change control while ensuring compliance
- Compiling change control metrics for Management Review Meetings
- Providing input and/or supporting change control business improvement initiatives
- Ensures training requirements and roles and responsibilities are clearly understood and followed
- Provides customer service support to the site for questions related to change control requests and the change control process
- Participating and/or leading, as needed, continuous improvement of the change control business processes related to External manufacturing and/or Suppliers.
- Owning the product numbering process for Merck.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following behaviors and attitudes:
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading individuals and teams through change and new challenges
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in and leading a team through ambiguity
- Communicate with courage and candor
- Customer-centric mindset
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Required: B.S. or M.S. or Ph,D in science or engineering fields
- Required experience - Bachelor's Degree with 7 years of experience, Masters with 5 years of experience, and/or PhD with 2 years of experience
- Experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech manufacturing/manufacturing support role
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including flexibility and ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven analytical capabilities and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to travel up to 20% to support customers and/or meet with team
- Strong technical/manufacturing background in pharmaceutical and packaging operations in general and solid dosage in particular, including quality systems and process technology
- People Management experience
- Global Change Management (GCM) experience
- Lean tools and systems
- Strong facilitator skills to oversee change control meetings
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and attention to detail
- Proven ability to lead and/or manage complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to participate actively in virtual teams & communicate, collaborate, negotiate & persuade across a broad variety of functions and cultures
- Ability to work independently or in teams.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are preferred to manage a broad spectrum of activities/projects.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Business Consulting
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Business Consulting
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth, NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Biotech, Operations Manager, Consulting, Engineer, Science, Operations, Technology, Engineering