Global Category Managers (Science Units Procurement) - United States
Global Category Managers (Science Units Procurement)
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Global Category Managers (Science Units Procurement)in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of what science can do to make a difference and are ready to discover what you can do – why not join us? AstraZeneca is one of the world’s most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society. We’re constantly moving forward as a company – agile and purposeful in our work. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
In Global Procurement we work together across global boundaries to make an impact, collaborating with business stakeholders & suppliers to add value to the business and support the unmet needs of our patients. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. Do you have an unyielding commitment to procurement? If so then these roles present an excellent opportunity for you…
- These are critical roles within our Science Units Procurement teams supporting AZ’s drug pipeline for both small and large molecules.
- Global accountability for multiple spend categories across the whole of AstraZeneca (may be single or multiple Senior Executive Team areas).
- Leading both demand and supply side activities
- Strategic planning - the development of long term strategic category plans for the entire spend area across AstraZeneca.
- Strategic relationship management and business partnering (both customer and supplier) - to ensure that category strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Oversee implementation of category plans. Ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans.
We are looking to appoint talented Procurement professionals who are looking for global exposure within a dynamic science-led environment. You will have an appetite for change and innovation, and bring an ambitious, motivated approach to our already high performing team. Working closely with key stakeholders, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the implementation and delivery of the science unit category strategy, and have the opportunity to become one of our Procurement leaders of the future.
You will be responsible for managing commercial and contractual elements of the outsourcing process along with developing and taking ownership for relationships with key strategic suppliers. The challenge will be working within a complex global stakeholder environment – where some international travel may be required. You should therefore have sufficient experience to hit the ground running and be credible to understand and deliver against the business needs.
We are recruiting for several GCM roles across the Science Units Procurement teams. The roles will be based at our site in Gaithersburg, Maryland, one of our global research hubs.
The roles cover a wide variety of category areas in support of the multiple stakeholder groups we partner with across the science units. The categories include:
- Laboratory Supplies & Services/Facilities Management
- Preclinical Services
- Personalized Healthcare
- Clinical Trial Outsourcing
- Payer Evidence, Regulatory & Medical Affairs
Please note that some roles may involve responsibility for research animal models and human biological samples.
- A Bachelor’s degree or relevant/equivalent professional qualification
- • A strong procurement background, with indirect services experience
- • the ability to manage a complex independent spend category globally
- • A proven record of leading a cross functional team while building and analyzing commercial models
- • Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
• Pharmaceutical R&D category expertise
• Experience of BPO or Complex sourcing
• A working knowledge of Ariba
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.